• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

production artwork

9 posts in this topic

What's up gang,

What is the vaule of original production artwork? I have sceen it on ebay. production pages used as proof pages,reprint editions ect.. a seller by the name of leaplink on ebay has a nice selection of em. does anyone own any. or had any dealings with leaplink?

thanks,

the comicpimp out,

Most stages of production art (after the original pencils and inks) have created very little interest in collectors. The only other part of the production process to spark a bit of interest has been the colorists pages. After that....not a whole lot there to get anyone excited, except the occasional paste-up cover that might have some weird extra pre-press design work on it to make it a bit of a novelty.

So that's my 2 cents. What's the value? Totally what you the individual wants to pay, because there aren't many out there that care. I'm not really sure why anyone would care, unless you might have the actual original page and want to own more of the production process. But even then, it's harder to prove that production/proof pages are authentic unless they have some printer notes, or publisher notes on them. Otherwise, they just look like B&W print-outs...

Woo hoo?

Anyone feel differently?