• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is the bigger key X-Men issue?

40 posts in this topic

Which is the bigger key - Giant size X-Men 1 or X-Men 94? While GSXM 1 is the 1st appearance of the new X-Men it is a stand alone book and not part of the regular title like X-Men 94.

Will they equally rise in value or do you think GSXM 1 will out pace X-Men 94?

Giant-Size X-Men #1 by far, and the only reason this issue is not 10X the price of X-Men 94 is that (as a #1 issue - i.e. speculation city/high print run) there are far more copies out there.

Importance does NOT always equal resale price, as lots of other factors weigh in.

X-Men #129 should be a bigger key. Come on, 1st Kitty Pride & White Queen? What's not to like?

+1. I couldn't agree more. I think it's an incredibly undervalued key.

The main thing holding the book back is the high number of HG copies that are available.

I had a similar question in the "best comic to invest in" in the comics general forum.

In the old ads of Mile High and such, they seemed to be equal in value, or that #94 was worth more! Eg $100 vs $90! It didn't seem to make sense for in my mind GS should be worth 2x as much.

Someone said that in the CGC census, there are 800+ of #94 while there are 1200+ of GS in 9 or better condition.

GS X-Men #1 is the bigger key and I don't think there's any question really. First New X-Men, First Storm, First Colossus, First Nightcrawler, classic cover. X-Men #94 is none of those things. It's a key book, but GS X-Men #1 wins hands down regardless of how much more common it is. The scarcity helps determine the relative value of the two, not the relative importance.

Without a doubt GSX #1 (thumbs u

Incredible Hulk 181 and GSX #1 are the Action 1 and Tec 27 of the bronze age. 2c

I remember a time when people would have said Incredible Hulk 181 and House of Secrets 92. :(

No shame in HOS #92 (thumbs u Personally, I'd rather own it than a GSXM #1 :sumo:

Issue 94 has a fairly ordinary story, nothing special compared to seeing Professor X assemble the team in the Giant Size book. From a non-speculation perspective, GS XM 1, by far.

I don't think there's any question GSX1 is the more significant bronze age key... It's the indisputable first appearance of the new X-Men and the 2nd full appearance of Wolverine. IMO if Wolverine was included with the rest of the X-Men on the cover of #94 it would increase the demand for #94 but not to the extent of Giant Size #1.

Without a doubt GSX #1 (thumbs u

Incredible Hulk 181 and GSX #1 are the Action 1 and Tec 27 of the bronze age. 2c

I remember a time when people would have said Incredible Hulk 181 and House of Secrets 92. :(

When was that?

Conan 1 and HOS 92 were once the cornerstones of the BA. But I'm old enough to remember when Adventure 247 was worth more than AF 15. Anyone want to guess which one I bought? Then again, I passed on a nice Conan #1 so I could use the $15 to buy a third copy of HTD#1.

Conan 1 and HOS 92 were once the cornerstones of the BA. But I'm old enough to remember when Adventure 247 was worth more than AF 15.

I know all about that, especially Adventure 247 (which was *the* SA book to own), but I have really never heard MOS 92 being put that high in a pedestal in the last half of the decade.

Conan 1, sure, and HOS 92 was certainly "important" from a horror POV in the early-70's, but I've never heard it being promoted alongside Hulk 181 (1975-up) as one of the top BA comics ever.

By the time Hulk 181 came around, wasn't Swamp Thing on its last legs and about to be cancelled? (shrug)