• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Western Gunfighters #14

19 posts in this topic

Closing in on my Steranko covers. Here's another.

Book was listed as...

VF/NM

Sticker on book shows at one time it was advertised at...

NM

I paid...

$15 after owner came down from $25

Some light, NCBC on spine, slight spine roll. All very pressable IMO. Slight vertical production crease at about middle of horses neck. White pages.

Thanks again, folks! Jfa0nrO.gif

Hi Res - front

Hi Res - rear

IgdMKZgl.jpg

VsiNnd1l.jpg

It doesn't appear trimmed, to my untrained eyes. As for color touch, I don't see any bleed through on the interior front cover.

:cool: Add me to the 9.2 bunch - luv me some WGFs :cloud9: (Although, I am partial to the 25-cent GS issues.)

I didn't see any indication of trimming or colour touch that jumped out at me.

Well except for the fact that the REFC isn't remotely straight, in fact it kinda bows . . . ;)

Ya, I see what you're saying. The circled area on the left isn't present on my copy pictured on the right. Need more samples to really get an idea, but definitely see what you're saying.

PizKAjml.jpg

That's never a good indicator, as your copy is offset L to R, so some missing art is expected.

A tell-tale sign of edge trimming is the often the sharpness of the corners, particularly in a 30-years or older book. Yes, there are 30 year-old books with perfect corners, but typically they exhibit some wear (they're not supposed to appear "freshly cut").

But this is just healthy discussion - I don't want to make you paranoid about it. :foryou:

the top right edge on the F.C. between the U and the P. I see what looks like a darker quarter circle area that looks like a thumb crease possibly. I can also see why the right edge looks just a bit too straight lacking any color flecks at all. be a good book to check over in hand.

the top right edge on the F.C. between the U and the P. I see what looks like a darker quarter circle area that looks like a thumb crease possibly. I can also see why the right edge looks just a bit too straight lacking any color flecks at all. be a good book to check over in hand.

I was initially concerned about the light area beneath the G in the same area.

I was initially concerned about the light area beneath the G in the same area.

I see what you mean. it would be a good book to look at in hand.

I didn't see any indication of trimming or colour touch that jumped out at me.

Well except for the fact that the REFC isn't remotely straight, in fact it kinda bows . . . ;)

Ya, I see what you're saying. The circled area on the left isn't present on my copy pictured on the right. Need more samples to really get an idea, but definitely see what you're saying.

PizKAjml.jpg

Found my copy -- in case you needed more samples -- I can guarantee it has never been restored or altered

HAJFzhsl.jpg

HAJFzhs.jpg