• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"I know you can do it"...

51 posts in this topic

[...]

Thanks to everyone here for watching/bidding on my Heritage books. I'll be pleased knowing that a few of these books will land with fellow boardies. Congrats to the new owners, wherever you may be...

[...]

I actually saw the Heritage auction in person (first time for me) and had an incredible time!

Happy collecting all and enjoy the books! (thumbs u

Dino

What a treat to see these together. It's great to see someone build a collection over many years and then get a good result.

After reading your introduction in the catalog, I was curious about whether there were books, which you sold privately, that you wish could have been included in the catalog - not because of their value but more because they reflected your taste and interests? It's fun to see a collection like this since it has so much personality and tells a lot about the person who assembled it.

I'm only 1 for 8. :(

I had to work, and was in all day meetings, so I didn't get to bid at all :(

You oh-ferd?

yep

Don't feel too bad, Bill. Other business commitments are occupying my time at the moment, so I decided to forgo bidding as well.

I'm perfectly content enjoying the excitement vicariously this time around. (thumbs u

Add me to the list of people who had to work today and didn't get to watch the auction at all. I did as I usually do and put in my 'best' bids in the internet bidding though. I usually get 1 in 8 or 1 in 10 this way on Heritage... but today nothing.

A couple books I likely would have bid one or maybe two more increments if I was able to watch the live auction today...

Oh well, congrats to all the winners!

Could not be at the computer yesterday. Been sitting here today watching and bidding but have to walk away at certain points due to NYS sales tax. At a certain point, combined with buyers premiums it no longer becomes worth it to bid.

So I apologize in advance for raising the final price with my bids.

Maybe I will get lucky.