• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Most Overvalued Comic Out There...

98 posts in this topic

I was curious to see what you guys think: What do you think is the most overvalued comic around? Since its a CGC board lets limit it to CGC valued comics, since a comic has different value, and not always of equal ratio, slabbed and unslabbed. NOTE: that I when I say overvalued I don't necessarily mean expensive, just overvalued.

Ill start:

I think ASM #300 is way overvalued. Its an '88 book, with probably thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of decent copies out there. Its cool that people are getting $400+ for it, but considering there are nearly 2000 slabbed, I think its greatly overvalued.

Opinions?

Where's the poll? confused-smiley-013.gif

There is none. I feel I dont want to limit people to just a few answers and I would rather have an answer with explanation.

Then perhaps you posted in the wrong forum. Read the description of this forum on the main page. thumbsup2.gif

As for Hulk 181 I totally agree. As for the wrong forum...too bad. I looked through a lot of the posts in this forum and a non-poll question seems to be not only accepted, but a substantial minority (if not slight majority) of all the posts on this forum. So youll just have to long-hand type out your answer smile.gif

Getting more overvalued every week due to movie hype:

ASM 136

Batman 232

Marvel Spotlight 5

X-Men 101

Damn shame too. Unless you're selling.

P.S. - I just sold my VF copy of Batman 232 for 2x what I bought it for in 2002.... and I bought it as a VF/NM from a disreputable seller.

Getting more overvalued every week due to movie hype:

ASM 136

Batman 232

Marvel Spotlight 5

X-Men 101

Damn shame too. Unless you're selling.

P.S. - I just sold my VF copy of Batman 232 for 2x what I bought it for in 2002.... and I bought it as a VF/NM from a disreputable seller.

True that, good thing I just found a 12 dollar copy of ASM 136 that needs to get slabbed smile.gif Of course its at best a 5.0 but Im sure I can sell it for more than 12 bucks.

IMO, these books are overvalued:

ASM 300 - first app of Venom and McFarlane art. Yeh great.. it looks nice and everything but c'mon the book is painfully abundant and Venom is barely even used anymore.

Hulk 181 - sheer volume available puts this book in the category to me, that and I've never really liked Wolverine that much.

Ghost Rider 1 - it's a nice book, but it's the freakin 6th app of the character and it's worth more than MS 6-11. That makes sense...how?

Brian

ASM 300 - first app of Venom and McFarlane art. Yeh great.. it looks nice and everything but c'mon the book is painfully abundant and Venom is barely even used anymore.

Hulk 181 - sheer volume available puts this book in the category to me, that and I've never really liked Wolverine that much.

Ghost Rider 1 - it's a nice book, but it's the freakin 6th app of the character and it's worth more than MS 6-11. That makes sense...how?

Brian

I was going to say the entire ghost rider series, but since I have a few up for sale I passed on mentioning it wink.gif

Brian

Using that logic,how do you feel about Cap America 100 or Iron Man #1. IM #1 is Tony Starks gazillionth appearence, and CA 100 is much more avilable than the previous months TOS 99.

Green Lama # 7 $410 in 9.2

Jamboree # 1 $270 in 9.2

" " # 2 $160 in 9.2

Captain Gallant # 1 $85 in 9.2

Captain Marvel # 51 $340 in 9.2

Hoards of these books were found.They are so common that I have gotten them free from dealer's over the years. grin.gif

Oh, yeah, and ANY comic book about sports are over valued mad.gif