• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Credit where it's due...

16 posts in this topic

I know that many of us are rather hard on the grading from the boys up at Mile High. I'm guilty of it as well. Generally their grading is off by a half grade or more. That being said I have to give them credit on one. I just got my CGC submission back today (and in under 3 months! go Steve and team thumbsup2.gif) and was surprised when this came out...

dd168a.jpg

dd168.jpg

They sold it to me as NM so a NM- is pretty darn close. You can't really fault them for being off by .2. Especially since I was guessing it would come back around an 8.5 893applaud-thumb.gif So it seems that they aren't always off on their grading. I may actually have to buy something else from them now... I could get lucky again yay.gif

Oh yeah... and I also got another one of my Wolverine 145 Nabisco's (this one from fellow forumite beelzabub) back at a 9.6 cloud9.gif

Don't you mean NM/M? They don't use the NM grade last I noticed.

Check again... their site shows the top grade being Near Mint. I wouldn't have been as happy if it was sold as NM/M.

And thanks for the "Happy Birthdays" everybody.

At the time that I bought it there hadn't been a 9.0 - 9.4 on eBay in over a month and I can't afford a 9.6. Mile High didn't have any CGC graded copies at the time and having seen their prices on other CGC items I think I would have been better off buying a 9.6 off eBay confused-smiley-013.gif

What is that mark going through the lightning bolt near Electra. Please dont tell me thats how the book was produced, I got rid of my copies thinking someone wrote on them crazy.gif

I've mentioned this before, but I purchased about 5 or 6 BA/SA books from Mile High back in 1997 for $3 each. They were all listed as NM/M condition. I recently sent 3 of those books (Incredible Hulk #195, Justice League of America #122 and Defenders #24) to be CGC graded and received a 9.4 score on all of them (with ow-w pages). That being said, the other 2 or 3 books (Captain Marvel #13, etc.) are around VF+, so I didn't submit them. I think that once CGC came out back in the late 90's, most of the HG SA and BA copies had been snatched up from the major dealers.