• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Questions - One easy, one hard

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions and decided to seek out the golden-age gurus for wisdom:

1. Easy - can someone (and I know this has been asked and answered before, I just can't find it) please refresh me regarding the publications dates the 3 big WW books: AS 8, Sensation 1, and WW 1. I know that's the order, but I was hoping for the dates.

2. Hard (er?) - thinking of WW got me thinking of many things (some I shall not subject to public commentary), but one is - did any famous golden age heroes actually start out in their own titles?

We've got Supes in Action, Bats in Detective, WW in All Star/Sensation, Captain Marvel in Whiz, Daredevil in Silver Streak ... did anyone actually launch in their own title in the Golden Age? Just couldn't think of any this morning.

Thanks to all (thumbs u

Here's where you can look up the answers to question 1

http://www.comics.org/

All-Star 8 details

http://www.comics.org/issue/1816/

Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions and decided to seek out the golden-age gurus for wisdom:

1. Easy - can someone (and I know this has been asked and answered before, I just can't find it) please refresh me regarding the publications dates the 3 big WW books: AS 8, Sensation 1, and WW 1. I know that's the order, but I was hoping for the dates.

2. Hard (er?) - thinking of WW got me thinking of many things (some I shall not subject to public commentary), but one is - did any famous golden age heroes actually start out in their own titles?

We've got Supes in Action, Bats in Detective, WW in All Star/Sensation, Captain Marvel in Whiz, Daredevil in Silver Streak ... did anyone actually launch in their own title in the Golden Age? Just couldn't think of any this morning.

Thanks to all (thumbs u

all star comics Dec 1941

January 1942

Wonder Woman Summer 1942

I was thinking of Invisible Scarlet O'neil, but she started in newspapers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Scarlet_O'Neil

Do you count Sheena as having Super Powers?

Flash Comics was an anthology of different characters. The Flash didn't have his own comic until All Flash appeared.June 1941. Flash Comics #18 was on the stands when it was first published.

Flash Comics was an Anthology, but it starred its title character. I think it counts.

Sprit was also an anthology that starred its title character.

Amazing Man also, right?

Green Hornet started in his own series, but he was radio first.

Red Raven, but he didn't last.

Silver Streak, but he didn't appear until issue 3.

Venus did, but it was late GA.

Young Allies were a group, but didn't they start in their own comic?

Flash Comics was an anthology of different characters. The Flash didn't have his own comic until All Flash appeared.June 1941. Flash Comics #18 was on the stands when it was first published.

Flash Comics was an Anthology, but it starred its title character. I think it counts.

Sprit was also an anthology that starred its title character.

Amazing Man also, right?

Green Hornet started in his own series, but he was radio first.

Red Raven, but he didn't last.

Silver Streak, but he didn't appear until issue 3.

Venus did, but it was late GA.

Young Allies were a group, but didn't they start in their own comic?

Didn't The Spirit first appear in Police if you are talking comics. His own mag was a newspaper supplement.