• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Buyer Problem - What would you do?

185 posts in this topic

THIS is exactly why I list books in a "range" on eBay.

I provide full scans of the books and a brief description of flaws that I think would be important to the buyer and when I say a range (like say HIGH GRADE) I provide a corresponding numerical range.

This is not how I would prefer to do it of course and not how I sell on the boards but on eBay I find it gives me that extra bit of protection from individual_without_enough_empathys like this buyer and the dreaded negative feedback.

canadian....
What's this about Kav?

i was saying, uh-this guy makes those great canadians look bad.

Stock is right, this guy sounds vindictive. I hope you get it back the exact same condition as you sent it. That is why I hold my breath on the few times I sell anything.

If/when you get the book back and it is anywhere from slightly worse to much worse shape than you sent it what is your recourse as a seller? Is there such a thing as "returned item not in same condition as sent" counter case that you can open against the buyer?

i always just suck it up and give partial and consider it part of doing business. overall i do great on ebay so once in a while a partial dont bother me. i've even give full refund if buyer says they didnt receive. no questions just suck it up is my policy. then block.

So, I sold a copy of Preacher #1 on Ebay a couple weeks ago. The book was a SOLID 9.4 and I sold the book as NM.

The buyer only has 5 feedback, so a new buyer. I get a message saying that the book had a small spine tick on it and that he was not happy.

Is NM not a 9.4 anymore?

I send a message back explaining that when I sell as NM, that I don't mean 9.8. If I meant 9.8, I would say NM+. Right?

I said that I would be willing to refund the money as long as he sent the book back and that I would not be giving a partial refund, because I've done nothing wrong.

I get another message today saying he's not stupid enough to send the book back and hope that he gets a refund and then says he'll let PayPal handle it.

So my questions...can you not sell a 9.4 on Ebay as NM anymore because people expect 9.8s?

And also, what's my best course of action here. I sold a book as the right grade, shipped it and even offered a refund.

Thanks for any advice.

I can't believe you're the one crying after trying to rip me off. You didn't even bother posting a picture of your item when you sold it on ebay because you knew what you were selling is not exactly what you described. I still have the Preacher book in the USPS box that you sent I've left it untouched because I was so looking forward to finally owning this book and upon opening it realised that what I got I could find for a lot less at my local store. You keep spreading your lies because you know Paypal will side with me.

So, I sold a copy of Preacher #1 on Ebay a couple weeks ago. The book was a SOLID 9.4 and I sold the book as NM.

The buyer only has 5 feedback, so a new buyer. I get a message saying that the book had a small spine tick on it and that he was not happy.

Is NM not a 9.4 anymore?

I send a message back explaining that when I sell as NM, that I don't mean 9.8. If I meant 9.8, I would say NM+. Right?

I said that I would be willing to refund the money as long as he sent the book back and that I would not be giving a partial refund, because I've done nothing wrong.

I get another message today saying he's not stupid enough to send the book back and hope that he gets a refund and then says he'll let PayPal handle it.

So my questions...can you not sell a 9.4 on Ebay as NM anymore because people expect 9.8s?

And also, what's my best course of action here. I sold a book as the right grade, shipped it and even offered a refund.

Thanks for any advice.

I can't believe you're the one crying after trying to rip me off. You didn't even bother posting a picture of your item when you sold it on ebay because you knew what you were selling is not exactly what you described. I still have the Preacher book in the USPS box that you sent I've left it untouched because I was so looking forward to finally owning this book and upon opening it realised that what I got I could find for a lot less at my local store. You keep spreading your lies because you know Paypal will side with me.

jwf.gif

Feel free to post some scans on here of the book in question.

Paypal will require you to send the book back before you can get a refund.

I don't know who is right in this discussion yet, but I can say this.

This type of case is on the rise. Just had a return buyer who purchased several books on his 2nd buy from me. Then emailed me that none of the books are up to his standard and admits he is picky. Now I took the books back and issued a refund, but in over 10 years of selling on ebay this is a first for me. Sadly, I think its going to happen more.

Feel free to post some scans on here of the book in question.

Paypal will require you to send the book back before you can get a refund.

I don't know who is right in this discussion yet, but I can say this.

This type of case is on the rise. Just had a return buyer who purchased several books on his 2nd buy from me. Then emailed me that none of the books are up to his standard and admits he is picky. Now I took the books back and issued a refund, but in over 10 years of selling on ebay this is a first for me. Sadly, I think its going to happen more.

Thanks. Most retards would jump to a conclusion and call me liar when there are two sides to a story. I will post the picture later tonight after I spent time with my family. Here is his listing, http://www.ebay.com/itm/301094173402?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 notice how he posted a generic Preacher cover instead of what he's selling. Common sense dictates that if you took the time to type away a listing then a few seconds to provide a picture of the item is not too much to ask unless there's malicious intent from the beginning.