• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Buyer Problem - What would you do?

185 posts in this topic

I'm weary of anyone who uses the word "retards" in their second post in a new forum :facepalm:
I'm weary of anyone who uses the word "retards" in their second post in a new forum :facepalm:

You meant wary right? And what does post count have to with anything?

No, I think he meant weary - as in "tired of".

You're not the first new guy to come in guns a blazn'.

:shy:

lol

lol

Not fast enough!

Sorry! :blush:

I just meant I wasn't fast enough on the edit before someone caught it.

Unless I've done something else to embarrass myself - which is entirely possible.

:eek:

Hulk Smash, I sincerely apologize for taking the mcs pic.

I genuinely didn't realize that's what it was until after I had sold both books.

I think there are a lot bigger issues than that.

I don't care that it was a mcs pic, or anybody else's. You brought this situation on yourself, by not waiting to submit a proper listing for sale. If you had waited until you had the time to submit a proper listing with your own scans/photos, then the buyer would have had the opportunity to view your comic and to pass on your listing, if he saw something he didn't agree with. As it was, the buyer jumped on your listing, before he could lose out to another buyer. Now he gets the books and doesn't agree with the grade. Now you start a thread complaining about buyer, when this whole situation could have been avoided if you didn't rush a half-azz listing in the first place. You took a chance and it didn't turn out how you wanted it. The buck stops with you.

2c

Really come on that's ridiculous.

I personally scan every book I sell or use digital shots. It has never crossed my mind to steal a pic from another site to sell a book. That's just lazy period.

Really I cant believe there are ebay sellers still doing this. Don't you even realize how this will hurt your credibility here?

This is what you don't post your ebay business until its completed.

I just started the thread to ask for advice. That's it. Period.

I said I up about the photo, but get over it, please?

I'm asking for advice about a situation I'm having. So, if all you can talk about is the picture in the listing, then please don't worry about posting in this thread.

If this hurts my credibility here, then that's something I really can't help.

It was a rush job that I shouldn't have done. I'm not arguing about any of this.

I've made a lot of sales on ebay and the boards and I just do this as a secondary thing to my actual job.

I've never had an issue like this, so, should this one instance affect credibility to the degree that you're stating?

I just started the thread to ask for advice. That's it. Period.

I said I up about the photo, but get over it, please?

I'm asking for advice about a situation I'm having. So, if all you can talk about is the picture in the listing, then please don't worry about posting in this thread.

You still don't get it. The advice you're getting is to wait until you have the time to submit a proper listing in the future. You don't steal scans, and use them to sell items worth hundreds of $$, then complain about the buyer being unsatisfied with the condition. If you had waited until you could post your own scans, then the buyer would have had a chance to pass on your listing.

Refund his money and hope he's understanding. Gonna be tough now that you started a thread for the entire world to see you complaining about him. Good luck.

I feel like you haven't read any of my posts. I am COMPLETELY agreeing with you about making a mistake on this one.

I just want you to stop bringing it up if at all possible. What else am I supposed to do?

If someone posts a listing with a stock image (this happens ALL the time) and says "scan coming shortly" and you buy the item before the scan, aren't you taking some sort of risk?

The point here is, I sold the book as 9.4 and I guarantee the book is 9.4.

Did anyone see the part where the guy things you have to get a book directly from the printer to get a 9.4.

I feel like you haven't read any of my posts. I am COMPLETELY agreeing with you about making a mistake on this one.

I just want you to stop bringing it up if at all possible. What else am I supposed to do?

Refund him upon return of item! Hope for the best. Game over. (unless he sends you a box of rocks. Then get back to us.)

Well, that's exactly what I plan on doing. Why wouldn't I? The book is worth more now than when I sold it the first time. He would probably be better off just selling it himself, honestly.

Also, I'm not a stupid person. I would not have posted this thread unless I felt like I was in the right.

I was about to post a link to the listing when the buyer posted it himself.

I was not trying to hide anything. You're the one who turned this thread into a "bash the OP" kind of thing.

I think Lance agreed to refund but the buyer doesn't want to return the book? That's how the open case with paypal started

Bingo!

My first message to him said that I would refund upon return. I would gladly do that for the guy.

He just said he's not stupid enough to return the book.

This is just some guy fishing for a partial refund. That's all it is.

I think Lance agreed to refund but the buyer doesn't want to return the book? That's how the open case with paypal started

Bingo!

My first message to him said that I would refund upon return. I would gladly do that for the guy.

He just said he's not stupid enough to return the book.

This is just some guy fishing for a partial refund. That's all it is.

I think he is fishing for a partial refund. His tone in the few posts he made in this thread isn't too endearing.

So, this isn't a scan of the book in question. I bought two copies form bubbagump at the con and this is actually the worse off of the two. They look very similar, but this book was just a tad worse.

So, see if you think this book would grade a 9.4 and hopefully the buyer will post a scan of the book he bought. Let's hope he doesn't drive his car over it first.

Preacher1Afront.jpg

The point of the whole thing is, I just want the book back, and I will gladly give the guy his money back.

On his first post, OP complaint that his NM condition doesn't meet NM condition of the buyer and fully refund when the book send back but buyer doesn't want to return; I am not saying that seller is ok with steeling pic but what else do you want him to do, he admitted.

Good point.

The facts:

-I used a pic that wasn't mine. I was just in a rush. If you look at my other listings, that's not how I do things.

-A guy is trying to scam me for a partial refund.

-A paypal case has been opened and hopefully I'll just get the book back and be able to refund the guy his money.

And really, my original question wasn't about the scamming or the ebay listing, I was just trying to start a conversation about what NM really means to people.

Thanks for the help everyone!