• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comiclink auction scans...what gives?

27 posts in this topic

I picked out a handful of books I planned to take a really hard look at. Got to the last stage, doing the CGC registration check and even perhaps ordering some grader notes...and...you know what's coming...you can't read the number off the scans.

This is particularly true of the old label slabs. Is this on purpose? If so, what is the purpose? It makes me want to pass.

Perhaps you can email Comiclink for the numbers? A bit strange...

The scans in general are fairly terrible, frankly. Im sure this news is fresh as a daisy plucked during the Great Depression.

ComicLink is usually prompt is responding to client requests ( back cover scans, CGC # etc )

That being said, back scans on their auctions have been requested from the dawn of time. They still don't get it.

ComicLink is usually prompt is responding to client requests ( back cover scans, CGC # etc )

I've never had them be prompt.

I've requested scans a week before an auction starts in the last two auctions....

Once I got scans back the 2nd day after the auction opened

Once I got scans on the 1st day auctions started to close.

Now I did ask for 4-5 scans of the books I was MOST interested in... but far from a prompt response.

Always received prompt responses (1 - 2 days) (shrug)

I concur, however, why do we have to go through this ? Back cover scans and the ability to magnify the scans are commonplace everywhere else.

The Clink website is an antique. Why don't they spend some money and invest in a little technology. In the long run it would help their sales.

Between refusing to report to GPA, using those stupid stickers, not upgrading their website, etc. Josh, or whoever owns the company seems rather stubborn.

Always received prompt responses (1 - 2 days) (shrug)

I concur, however, why do we have to go through this ? Back cover scans and the ability to magnify the scans are commonplace everywhere else.

The Clink website is an antique. Why don't they spend some money and invest in a little technology. In the long run it would help their sales.

Between refusing to report to GPA, using those stupid stickers, not upgrading their website, etc. Josh, or whoever owns the company seems rather stubborn.

But yet, people still continue to buy from them. You have the power, if you don't like it move to another venue. If enough people do so, they will have to change their practices or close as no one will buy from them. Stopped doing business with them several years ago, there are plenty of other options including great dealers on these boards