• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics
2 2

126 posts in this topic

So where do you go for these beauties. I'm hard pressed to believe that my LCS will have a wide selection of these. Also what kind of prices should I expect to pay? Is Overstreet a good source for pricing?

So where do you go for these beauties. I'm hard pressed to believe that my LCS will have a wide selection of these. Also what kind of prices should I expect to pay? Is Overstreet a good source for pricing?

Overstreet is now way behind on pricing I'm afraid. Especially the earlier, scarcer issues.

They don't turn up very frequently. The big auction houses are your best bet, but be prepared to pay well over guide on some issues!

I am pretty sure you can download and read many of these on your iPad (if you have one :)) from Dime Comics App. I think they are under Fiction House publisher.

Dime Comics App for iPad

I haven't been dragging mine out because I know they are lower grade, but I figured I'd show the colors on this one to compare.

planet6.jpg

Feel free to add Sharon. Your books are well loved and well received. Your Planet 6 has wonderful colors and looks way better than my ...do not own one!

I am pretty sure you can download and read many of these on your iPad (if you have one :)) from Dime Comics App. I think they are under Fiction House publisher.

Dime Comics App for iPad

Yeah, I pretty much read 99% of my comics digitally. I really want to own a few of these so I was asking where I should look to acquire the actual issues. Not compendiums or anthologies.

Dime Comics App for iPad

Yeah, I pretty much read 99% of my comics digitally. I really want to own a few of these so I was asking where I should look to acquire the actual issues. Not compendiums or anthologies.

Ebay, Comicconnect.

They have all sorts of grades of books available and are affordable.

Larson copy....still remember SAC passing on the book (not up to his standards) and I quickly stepping in.....jb

I was young and dumb back then... as opposed to old and dumb now! :kidaround:

Very nice thread.

I know almost nothing about Planet Comics but I recently saw the cover of issue 35 and now I'd like to purchase a copy. What would be a fair price for a mid grade copy (5.0-6.0)?

A good 2.0 copy sold for $150 on ebay in January. :takeit: