• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics
2 2

126 posts in this topic

It would interesting to have a gallery of copies of each issue to see just how variable they can be. This one was in a sales thread.

I find it interesting that even when the reds are bright, sometimes the blues are faded to a slightly greenish hue.

No one answer seems to fit all cases.

But I do think it would be interesting to do as you suggest.

Here is my #1. Any variations with other boardies copies?

PlanetComics185_zpsaf0d4d00.jpg

It would interesting to have a gallery of copies of each issue to see just how variable they can be. This one was in a sales thread.

I find it interesting that even when the reds are bright, sometimes the blues are faded to a slightly greenish hue.

No one answer seems to fit all cases.

But I do think it would be interesting to do as you suggest.

Here is my #1. Any variations with other boardies copies?

PlanetComics185_zpsaf0d4d00.jpg

I will post my #1 tonight

Not much difference that I can see at first glance - Jeff's and mine seem to have more yellow of a logo, while Billy's and Michael's seem more orange to my eye.

Hard to tell with different scanner settings and such.

I sure :luhv: Planet 1...

I have had 4 different scanners (Epson, Microtek and two HPs) and each, in their own special way, distorts the cover colors. When I take a picture, its colors will be different from any of the scanners. Each of those images can then be imported in Photoshop and altered further.

I've not found any scanner or Photoshop adjustment that I'm fully happy with.

I am late to this thread, good read so far. As far as Planet 1, outside if a truely sun faded cover, all the Planet 1's I have ever seen were very close color wise. There seems to be certain issues that are more prone to color changes and other issues like #1 that has pretty consistent coloring. As someone states earlier in the thread , the only true color evaluation can be made when books are aide by side. Consider the three books below, this is the exact same book with scans from 3 previous owners image_zps45535816.jpg

c56483fd-d462-4ef6-a2be-cb91d8ef1c0f_zps47a38fc7.jpg

3f00f3b1-b4a9-475e-b985-588d9b15ff63_zpsb24dcd1c.jpg

I have had 4 different scanners (Epson, Microtek and two HPs) and each, in their own special way, distorts the cover colors. When I take a picture, its colors will be different from any of the scanners. Each of those images can then be imported in Photoshop and altered further.

I've not found one any scanner or Photoshop adjustment that I'm fully happy with.

I hate my scanner. But I'm too mean to buy another. lol