• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I get a grade on this Avengers 13?

17 posts in this topic

The top portion of the book is gorgeous, but there's too much edgewear and the bottom corners are slightly rounded... so more like a 8.0 in my view. Also look at the spine from the back cover... there are a lot of breaks that are not visible from the front.

BTW, what is the offwhite/gray spot on the spine (to the right of the coupon on the back cover?) Just be sure it's not a piece fill near the bottom staple....

Arex,

That is a really nice book. Definitely a shot at 9.0, maybe 8.5 at the worst from what I can see. You've picked up some sweet stuff lately! Let me know if your source has any FFs in the same grade range that you're not interested in. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Color breaking spine stress, blunted corners, wear to the overflash, scuffing on the spine, rounded non-bindary corners. If this got a 9.0, it'd be one of the weakest 9.0's I've ever seen. Looks to be an 8.0 to me.

Arex,

That is a really nice book. Definitely a shot at 9.0, maybe 8.5 at the worst from what I can see. You've picked up some sweet stuff lately! Let me know if your source has any FFs in the same grade range that you're not interested in. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

boo.gif

Thanks for the opinions ya'll. I got my Avengers 13, 14, and 15 all at the Charlotte Comicon (good one day show that Im going to this Sunday yay.gifyay.gif) about 6 months ago. Got all three for $190. I posted my 15, and I think that ill post the 14 (it might be the other way around).But i think i got a heck of a deal. Sorry, but I dont have an "in" on any FF's, im sure there are some nice ones there, but im focusing more on Thor, DD, and Avengers right now, especially silver age stuff.