• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get those ASM Annual 1's cheap while you can!!!

34 posts in this topic

Yeah I don't see that book going up much it's already a silver age classic. One of my favorite covers of all time too! I just got a commission of it done and received it this weekend. Very psyched!

You can click on the thumbnail to see the big version on my CAF page.

6GYrE4Yf_2202141159121.jpg

How would you make a Sinister Six movie, or any movie about a villian, without it being a Spider-man film? If the hero appears then it would be weird to have it not be considered a Spider-man movie, and if the hero doesn't appear then what drives the plot?

Take a look at something like Superior Foes of Spiderman or possibly an Oceans Eleven type style where the focus is the villains story. Infinitely more interesting to see a story focused completely on the villains side of the story.

Yeah I don't see that book going up much it's already a silver age classic. One of my favorite covers of all time too! I just got a commission of it done and received it this weekend. Very psyched!

That is downright beautiful!

One of my favorite covers as well.

Have you though about getting a professional letterer to do the masthead and text copy?

Just gorgeous, either way

That is downright beautiful!

One of my favorite covers as well.

Have you though about getting a professional letterer to do the masthead and text copy?

Just gorgeous, either way

I hadn't really thought about it... but I guess when he sent it to me, from other covers I'd seen (not commissions but real covers) I was ok with the masthead being a "stat" since that's what a lot of real covers seemed to have been back in the day before everything was digital. The little text boxes, yeah I suppose that's different.

But either way I dropped it off at the framers on Sunday afternoon so it's too late now. :-)