• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey into Mystery 83 cgc 9.4 $275k sale

24 posts in this topic

Is it my imagination, or does this book have a very funny cut on the right edge ? The book was graded in 2004. Makes you wonder. I tell ya, with all the stuff going on, I just don't trust anything the label tells me anymore. Sad.

Is it my imagination, or does this book have a very funny cut on the right edge ? The book was graded in 2004. Makes you wonder. I tell ya, with all the stuff going on, I just don't trust anything the label tells me anymore. Sad.

Buyer probably paid strong hoping for a 9.6 resub. And if it'd come back purple ? :eek::eek::eek:

JIM #83 is notorious for having a right edge like that. Looks like a proper #83 to me.

JIM #83 is notorious for having a right edge like that. Looks like a proper #83 to me.

+1.. I've seen JIM 83's with much worst miscuts and still graded a blue label.

Assuming everything is in order...book looks exceptional structurally...but do the colors pop?? Scan makes the colors look a little washed out. Hope for this type of grade and value (now that it is sold and value can be established) the colors sing... 2c

And Daredevil #1s.

And Daredevil #1s.

And FF #12's.

And Daredevil #1s.

Yes, I agree, I have seen this a lot on Daredevil #1 but to be honest, not on JIM 83.

Assuming everything is in order...book looks exceptional structurally...but do the colors pop?? Scan makes the colors look a little washed out. Hope for this type of grade and value (now that it is sold and value can be established) the colors sing... 2c

Agreed. The colors do look a bit muted, but it is a beautiful book. I'm guessing it's the scanner.

JIM 83 is often dull. Roy had a mid grade a few years ago that had the best color I'd ever seen on a copy.... can't remember the exact grade. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u