• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink February auction - post 'em if you got 'em (or they got away)

169 posts in this topic

Did I miss something - a TTA 35 CGC 5.5 sell for $2200?
I was just going to post that. Is that quadruple previous GPA? Insanity.

GPA has last sale on Feb. 8th, 2014 for $800.00. Again, for amplification, am I missing something here?

Close to previous 3xGPA then. You're not missing anything, it's simply a very crazy price. I love the book, I own two nice copies of it, but $2200 for a mid grade that is readily available for less? Silly.

This is what the 5.5 looked like in person:

Jim83_zps45eb294c.png

Tear_zps6633f554.jpg

A super nice 5.5 with a few pressable defects. Look for it in a FN+ holder sometime soon.

the 6.0 has that name on the cover, which to some people is a big turn off. (The 5.5 has the newstand/distributor mark, but its less obtrusive than the name)

the 5.5 has white pages, and some people will go big for a white page example.

and yes some CLink bidders do boost their bids when they see the CVA sticker (what was it PT Barnum... something about a sucker and something about how often they are born... hm)

An extra $1k for a marginally different grade (bet if they both got subbed back to CGC there's an even chance they'd flip grades), that has minusculey better centering and white pages? pass.

the 6.0 has that name on the cover, which to some people is a big turn off. (The 5.5 has the newstand/distributor mark, but its less obtrusive than the name)

the 5.5 has white pages, and some people will go big for a white page example.

and yes some CLink bidders do boost their bids when they see the CVA sticker (what was it PT Barnum... something about a sucker and something about how often they are born... hm)

An extra $1k for a marginally different grade (bet if they both got subbed back to CGC there's an even chance they'd flip grades), that has minusculey better centering and white pages? pass.

That 5.5 looks like it could do better than a 6.5 on a resub. I have seen plenty of 7.0s that don't look that good. It was a subpar 6.0 with two defects that would be deal-breakers for many, and a stellar 5.5 with white pages. I'm not that surprised by the result. I don't know that you would have needed the CVA sticker, or that it made any difference when the scan speaks for itself.

Speaking of the stickers, was it just me or did they appear during the auction? The Hulk I won I have had my eye on for over a month (since it hit the preview), and I know it didn't have the sticker at the start of the auction. Anybody else notice any stickers appearing mid-auction?