• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink February auction - post 'em if you got 'em (or they got away)

169 posts in this topic

Paid about $100 more than I wanted but figured nobody would bid another $100 over me! Last GPA was higher, but an anomaly I think. Finally got back a good solid copy of a lower grade key I sold last year. Good centering, page quality, and an overall solid looking book.

Look forward to a sales thread from me soon to recoup $$ spent on it! :grin:

RADBB6732014115_171631.jpg

It's funny. I was all set to bid on a few X-Men books last night, but I hate how late I have to stay up as they always close around 11:30 at night. I don't like to just set a bid as if I win one book I want to win multiple books as it shipping prices to Canada can be killer. I wish Comiclink could end auctions sooner.

Also, the lower Canadian dollar is not making me want to buy as much right now...

However I will bid again soon!

Paid about $100 more than I wanted but figured nobody would bid another $100 over me! Last GPA was higher, but an anomaly I think. Finally got back a good solid copy of a lower grade key I sold last year. Good centering, page quality, and an overall solid looking book.

Look forward to a sales thread from me soon to recoup $$ spent on it! :grin:

RADBB6732014115_171631.jpg

Nice pickup!

Only went after one book, the Pacific Coast ASM #96. Bid at ~150% of the 12-month GPA and got blown out of the water. :(

A huge disappointment, as I've been wanting to reunite that book with my PC ASM #97 and #98 for over five years now. Sadly (for me), the premium on 15-cent PC ASMs has jumped up to almost 200% of GPA on the last two or three that I've bid on. I'm strongly considering putting all of mine up for sale at the prices they've been commanding lately.

Assuming Clink means Comiclink, I attempted to bid on the Flash #105 8.0 they had up and was the high bidder until the literal last few seconds when someone shot the bid a good bit up over my max bid. :/

I also bid on the copy of Batman 67 7.5 they had up, but as I was going to bid on Flash #105, didn't go as high as I might've otherwise

I had considered bidding on some of the other high grade Flash books they had, but I had my eye on the copy of World's Finest 3 8.5 they had up for the first time since I've been looking for it pretty much anywhere. I did score the high bid on that one.

RAD0AEF820131213_12430.jpg

Assuming Clink means Comiclink, I attempted to bid on the Flash #105 8.0 they had up and was the high bidder until the literal last few seconds when someone shot the bid a good bit up over my max bid. :/

I also bid on the copy of Batman 67 7.5 they had up, but as I was going to bid on Flash #105, didn't go as high as I might've otherwise

I had considered bidding on some of the other high grade Flash books they had, but I had my eye on the copy of World's Finest 3 8.5 they had up for the first time since I've been looking for it pretty much anywhere. I did score the high bid on that one.

RAD0AEF820131213_12430.jpg

Good catch. Highest graded copy of Scarecrow's first appearance. (thumbs u

Thanks! I'm happy with it. :) Always nerve wracking to watch the final countdown to see if someone jumps the bidding up at the very last second.

If I'd been the high bidder on the Flash, I would have had to've seriously reconsidered bidding on it as well....but as someone beat me out of it, I was bound and determined to get this one. lol.

I never have a problem paying over guide for key books because what it guides for is likely very rarely what you'd actually pay for it if you found a similarly graded copy at a show somewhere.

I have no idea how I got that Batman 121 for 5k. Unless Batman overall is taking a dump and I'm the last one to know it. I just liked it.

I think the price paid depends on the particular issue and cover. For example, I don't have a problem bidding higher on issues that have a particular character on the cover or are a first appearance...for example, I would have loved to've had that copy of Batman #67 they had up. I don't really have interest in appearances of characters IN book unless they're on the cover or are first appearances.

My guess would be that, even though it was a really high grade, the interest in Mr Freeze as a character isn't as high as it would be for say, the Riddle or the Penguin first appearance. I will usually set a maximum bid in my head over guide before I'll bid on a book, and it it goes over that, so be it. Occasionally though, it can bite you in teh backside if you do it on a book you have interest in but expect to go higher than your max bid. For example, I got a copy of Batman #2 in 2012 that I don't remember exactly why I bid on it now (I think it was because it was the 2nd appearance of Joker/Catwoman) that I happened to end up being the high bidder on.

The most expensive item I've gotten off Comiclink to date was a 7.5 ToS #39 for $5800 back in 2011.

RADCAA8A201188_9222.jpg

RD2F1092014218_16595.jpg

As you might have guessed, this was my excuse for not bidding on any pre-heros in this auction.

EDIT: Ok, I did bid on some, I couldn't help it, just not very strong bids! lol

Great book, congrats. Thanks for not bidding aggressively on Pre-Hero. That's probably the only reason I was able to get this book....

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=20750&GSub=884

You're welcome lol

Hope you enjoy it as I did (thumbs u

I was exhausted and fell asleep. I did not wake up until after the Amazing Spider-mans were over. As I predicted that Batman 20 in 8.5 and Captain America 47 in 7.5 easily went over $2000 which was more than I felt like spending on those two books. I will one day pick up a slightly lower grade of each.

There are a couple of things I am interested in tonight and tomorrow but I do not expect to be around tomorrow night to bid on the things I want. So... decisions decisions...

Let's roll the dice and see...

I did a similar thing with the spideys I had intended to throw in a bid on the ASM 129 9.8, it was a very nice copy with good color strike, near perfect centering and white pages. But was mistaken and thought it finished at a different time doh!:sorry:

...Now tell me how you were able to put Buzzetta to sleep, trick The-Collector into thinking it ended at a different time and then got time to speed up to end the auction at the last minute!?!?! :makepoint:

Some blame Bush, others blame Obama. I blame the ridiculous amount of nonsense currently going on in life that caused me to close my eyes for what I thought would be a simple 'blink". That "blink" turned out to take two hours.

This is what the 5.5 looked like in person:

Jim83_zps45eb294c.png

Tear_zps6633f554.jpg

A super nice 5.5 with a few pressable defects. Look for it in a FN+ holder sometime soon.

I really want to buy the graders notes. That copy is way way too nice to be in a 5.5 holder.

here you go:

Left Center Back Cover Small Tear

Left Top Back Cover Medium Crease

Left Top Front Cover Writing

Back Cover Small Multiple Dent

Left Top Front Cover Small Tear

Thanks!

5.5? They still got it wrong.

It looks like that JIM 83 is a 6.5 hm...JIM 83 looks to be getting hott.

That is one gorgeous FN- !! :cloud9: