• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink February auction - post 'em if you got 'em (or they got away)

169 posts in this topic

This is what the 5.5 looked like in person:

Jim83_zps45eb294c.png

Tear_zps6633f554.jpg

A super nice 5.5 with a few pressable defects. Look for it in a FN+ holder sometime soon.

I really want to buy the graders notes. That copy is way way too nice to be in a 5.5 holder.

Jim83_zps45eb294c.png

Tear_zps6633f554.jpg

A super nice 5.5 with a few pressable defects. Look for it in a FN+ holder sometime soon.

I really want to buy the graders notes. That copy is way way too nice to be in a 5.5 holder.

here you go:

Left Center Back Cover Small Tear

Left Top Back Cover Medium Crease

Left Top Front Cover Writing

Back Cover Small Multiple Dent

Left Top Front Cover Small Tear

Here's my last comic purchase until WW Chicago. lol

RAD2F1092014218_16595.jpg

Great book love me some Hulk #1 (thumbs u But what exactly did that book get a CVA sticker for?

Seriously? That is a great 3.5

Thanks, I thought so too. The book didn't have a sticker when I zeroed in on it before the auction started. The color, centering, lack of any chipping, and the fact that the creasing stays out of the main cover image did it for me. Hell, any copy I could afford was going to have some defects, and I got one that had defects I can definitely live with.

Jim83_zps45eb294c.png

Tear_zps6633f554.jpg

here you go:

Left Center Back Cover Small Tear

Left Top Back Cover Medium Crease

Left Top Front Cover Writing

Back Cover Small Multiple Dent

Left Top Front Cover Small Tear

Thanks!

5.5? They still got it wrong.

Here's my last comic purchase until WW Chicago. lol

RAD2F1092014218_16595.jpg

Great book love me some Hulk #1 (thumbs u But what exactly did that book get a CVA sticker for?

Seriously? That is a great 3.5

Thanks, I thought so too. The book didn't have a sticker when I zeroed in on it before the auction started. The color, centering, lack of any chipping, and the fact that the creasing stays out of the main cover image did it for me. Hell, any copy I could afford was going to have some defects, and I got one that had defects I can definitely live with.

That what's immediately jumped out at me. The central image is beautiful with no big defect that your eye will always gravitate towards. I dig it. :headbang:

I was exhausted and fell asleep. I did not wake up until after the Amazing Spider-mans were over. As I predicted that Batman 20 in 8.5 and Captain America 47 in 7.5 easily went over $2000 which was more than I felt like spending on those two books. I will one day pick up a slightly lower grade of each.

There are a couple of things I am interested in tonight and tomorrow but I do not expect to be around tomorrow night to bid on the things I want. So... decisions decisions...

Let's roll the dice and see...

I did a similar thing with the spideys I had intended to throw in a bid on the ASM 129 9.8, it was a very nice copy with good color strike, near perfect centering and white pages. But was mistaken and thought it finished at a different time doh!:sorry:

I get the donk award for that one. I was actually actively watching it waiting to bid after bidding on a couple of others. It was even at a pretty reasonable price at $5100 compared to recent GPA. I was willing to go to $5500 but then something suddenly disturbed the space time continuum. I was actively refreshing the page and the clock on Clink said 1 min 33 seconds so I started thinking about how high I was willing to try and snipe it for when the page suddenly went from 1 min 13 seconds to double zeroes. Auction Ended. :tonofbricks:

My only solace is that I like to think that my bid would have been outbid like it was on virtually everything else that went for way over GPA. Even if I was willing to go as high as 6000 I'm sure it would only have succeeded in raising the price for the actual winner who, like everyone else who won, placed unbeatable max bids. So you're welcome if you won it. Now tell me how you were able to put Buzzetta to sleep, trick The-Collector into thinking it ended at a different time and then got time to speed up to end the auction at the last minute!?!?! :makepoint:

I only walked away with 1 out of 7 and thankfully under GPA. It's crazy but I feel like there's some serious money entering the market for these High Grade issues. I know tax returns are being received but for the prices these things are going, I can't believe its just a handful of collectors. I gotta go with investors or possible shill bidding? Has anyone seen some that go for ridiculous prices get relisted on CLINK or on ebay right after?

Picked this up. Went for a little more than what I was expecting, but happy I won it. Another key book off my list.

12808324233_cd4d48e608_z.jpg

That's a nice looking 1.5! :applause:

Nice eye appeal. No pieces out, no writing, no tape or stains. Yeah there is a crease, heck its a 1.5. Worth the extra premium I think