• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Cons, Creators & Cash...

9 posts in this topic

Oddly enough I know some prominent shows that treat very big name talent very poorly, some don't pay for travel or lodging for big names that they then put on the top of the front page of their "Look Who's Coming" section.

I think the time of coming to give all creators their due.

I have to say I agree with most of the article. The idea of the Comic Con has gone to a full business spectrum for most of the big shows, but it's still amazing to see Cons run by people who are actually still fans at heart.

Interesting article. It tends to read more like this is the future of Comicons but I see it as a bubble. Anyone looking to cash-in whether it's a creator or retailer then dive on in. Fun for all. I'm curious if it will be a slow decline or if one of the big shows suddenly has half the attendees.

Some like the big business boom, some don't and some can take it or leave it. I suspect it is just a matter of time until publishers try to control the secondary market.

I have to say I agree with most of the article. The idea of the Comic Con has gone to a full business spectrum for most of the big shows, but it's still amazing to see Cons run by people who are actually still fans at heart.

+1