• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vault of Horror 12 9.4 Northford Pedigree

36 posts in this topic

Hey Mitch,

That is the rumor, but never substantiated one way or the other. Looking at the scans of it, it seems to have the file copy attributes, but hard to tell in the slab. A good whiff of it might help, but again, needs to be set free of it's plastic prison.

Now I am wondering if Goldust still has the copy available I was hoping to get a few years back. :baiting:

.... from what I've seen of Northfords, I'd bet your copy is going to be nicer than the Gaines..... but then, I've never actually seen a GFC outside of it's slab. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I wish this one was mine! But alas I was just calling attention to the sale. I do have a couple of EC Northfords though, and they are very nice (thumbs u

I've found the Northfords to be a real hit and miss. Some have wonderfully bright and white covers, while others have severe tanning around the edges and iffy page quality. Must have been some difference in the way parts of the collection were stored. I usually try to get Northford's in hand before making a decision on them.

.... from what I've seen of Northfords, I'd bet your copy is going to be nicer than the Gaines..... but then, I've never actually seen a GFC outside of it's slab. GOD BLESS...

I wish this one was mine! But alas I was just calling attention to the sale. I do have a couple of EC Northfords though, and they are very nice (thumbs u

I've found the Northfords to be a real hit and miss. Some have wonderfully bright and white covers, while others have severe tanning around the edges and iffy page quality. Must have been some difference in the way parts of the collection were stored. I usually try to get Northford's in hand before making a decision on them.

..... one thing I like about Northfords is that they aren't all uber HG...... a lowly chap like myself can actually afford a couple. I've only seen a few so I'm no expert. GOD BLESS...

I had never realized how rare this book was in high grade until I saw this post and did a little research. I think 14k is a steal for that book. Jim halperin appears to love his EC's because he has a hell of a collection of them.

(thumbs u

Looks like the Vault 12 Northford is coming to auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/vault-of-horror-12-northford-pedigree-ec-1950-cgc-vf-nm-90-off-white-pages/p/7163-85016.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

But it's listed as a 9.0. hm Looks like it was graded last week - did someone take a big downgrade on a resub?  Or was the 9.4 CLink marketplace sale a sham? No recent movement on the census either. What gives?

1 hour ago, mrmitchgro said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/vault-of-horror-12-northford-pedigree-ec-1950-cgc-vf-nm-90-off-white-pages/p/7163-85016.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

But it's listed as a 9.0. hm Looks like it was graded last week - did someone take a big downgrade on a resub?  Or was the 9.4 CLink marketplace sale a sham? No recent movement on the census either. What gives?

Yes, seems awful strange that there was apparently never a scan on the CL site for this 9.4 graded copy of Vault of Horror 12.  hm

Very peculiar indeed!!!  (shrug)

12 hours ago, mrmitchgro said:

is it possible there were 2 northford VOH 12's?

55 minutes ago, mrmitchgro said:

:news: 

Census has been updated today - the 9.4 is gone and there's a new 9.0. Looks like a resub gone wrong :cry: 

OMFG.   OUCH!

I can't tell from the scan.  Is it my imagination or are the staples looking slightly rusty.   Might just be the settings on my screen here.

32 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I can't tell from the scan.  Is it my imagination or are the staples looking slightly rusty.   Might just be the settings on my screen here.

Yep, I think you're right. That's a real shame - it's a great looking book otherwise.

6 hours ago, mrmitchgro said:

Yep, I think you're right. That's a real shame - it's a great looking book otherwise.

Thought you can't get a 9.0 from CGC if staples have any rust?

13 hours ago, Bronty said:
14 hours ago, mrmitchgro said:

:news: 

Census has been updated today - the 9.4 is gone and there's a new 9.0. Looks like a resub gone wrong :cry: 

OMFG.   OUCH!

Nothing to see here.  :gossip:

Most likely just a case of a tight grading time period versus a loose grading time period.  (shrug)

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Nothing to see here.  :gossip:

Most likely just a case of a tight grading time period versus a loose grading time period.  (shrug)

Nothing to see?

An enormous FMV drop is worth a look.

More importantly with the clear rust on it as a 9.0 I wonder if the culprit was improper storage.   

Blow up the heritage scan as I did yesterday when I got to a proper screen.   The rust is clear as day

2 hours ago, edowens71 said:

:cry:

That rust is a damn shame :cry:

Wonder if it was stored in a safe.... hm

:cry:

Does anyone have a scan from when it was a 9.4?

Safety deposit boxes are so much better, imo.  What you lose in accessibility, you gain in peace of mind.