• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you guess which comic this is (another delusional seller)

9 posts in this topic

Now, without looking, which comic is this guy talking about....any guesses? Here's the auction text:

This is hot not a single reprint grab this comic now cause I know you cant find it anywhere else!!! This comic has a rough value of over $4,000.00, you might be the one to win an incredible comic that people will drew over for years to come!

Now, lack of correct punctuation and spelling (nobody better "drew" over MY comics, let me tell ya!) aside, what's your first thought?

Link if you must cheat smile.gif :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4500741351&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I was going to email him and tell him he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person because he's looking at the price for Avengers 1, not Avengers Annual 1, but the auction ended. makepoint.gif

What a maroon!

foreheadslap.gif

...what an ignoranomous!!.....

I formed a bit of respect for those that deal with comics and have no idea what they are doing. It comes naturally to most of us here, but people without the least bit of experience with comics can mess lots of stuff up.

My future Mother-in-Law decided she'd get me comics for my birthday.

Off my list she got me a really nice 9.6/9.8 Uncanny 163. Loved her for it.

Then she got a Kay Bee reprint of Ultimate 1. Naturally I wanted a normal #1.

Then she got me Amazing Spider-man 55!!!! Volume 2. foreheadslap.gif

On my list was Silver Surfer 1, 5 and 11. She got me all 3!!!! As a part of a lot of books from Volume 3. foreheadslap.gif

1 for 4 ain't bad I guess. For xmas there will be a [#@$%!!!]-up proof list made. thumbsup2.gif

I formed a bit of respect for those that deal with comics and have no idea what they are doing. It comes naturally to most of us here, but people without the least bit of experience with comics can mess lots of stuff up.

True, you'd expect someone who was BUYING to make mistakes as your MIL did, but for someone who is going to SELL comics, something like not knowing the difference between Avengers 1 and Annual 1 is unacceptable.

Um, unless of course they get it backwards and sell an Avengers 1 for $20 BIN.... devil.gif

But seriously, it's maddening to see this type of stuff on ebay. Granted, it's obvious from the item description that this person ain't a Rhodes scholar, but if they are smart enough to scan comics and sell them on ebay they oughta be smart enough to find out about what they are selling.

The other option is that they're just an unscrupulous scam artist hoping some sucker will come by and pay them $4,000 for a Avengers Annual 1. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif