• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New picture I did: Aquaman

22 posts in this topic

Right after the holidays, I got the itch to do a new "superhero" picture. Maybe it was listening to "Tales From Topographic Oceans" by Yes. lol Combined with the Arctic winter here in Michigan. Instead of a bunch of super-villains attacking, I chose just the Black Manta. (That and Aquaman's Rogues Gallery is lacking...)

As always, thanks for letting me share. I made some 11X14 copies for the kids and have some extras if anyone is interested.

004_zps1e68e093.jpg

003_zps2264e8e5.jpg

I tend to get attached to my originals. Sometimes I sell originals. The last 3 I did to sell, didn't, and the prints have worked out to keep the nieces and nephews happy. lol

Someday, I will possibly sell an original again.

All, thanks for the nice complements!

This is a FANTASTIC piece, Dan!!! :applause:

I absolutely love it and if you have any prints for sale, I'd be more than happy to purchase one!

And if you do decide to sell the original... :whistle:

Debating on the next one. I did a 30" X 40" painting of a German castle at the same time. A friend at work scanned it in with one of our giant reproduction scanners and I was surprised at how well it turned out. I took the file of it to the printer I use in Ann Arbor and made two prints, one for my parents and one for my inlaws. This was the first time I ever scanned a painting.

I started a Thor painting over the holidays but I'm not happy with it so it may not survive. Ever have that happen? I can't get it to "spark" yet. I may have to go to the style of how I did Aquaman and restart.

I really like the "landscaping" in the Aquaman. The reef, the turtle, etc...I think you nailed those details.

I'd like to see you do something "cosmic".

Thanks!

So far, this is as "cosmic" as I've gotten though you've got me thinking. lol I did this Avenger's work last year. (Homage to the Kirby dots in the back) Went through the prints pretty fast.

007-5_zps7f8157fa.jpg

005-7_zps84fe84a3.jpg

Here's a Silver Surfer painting I did. This was one of the "originals" I tried to sell but no luck. (Not a huge Surfer fan so I didn't get attached. )

004.jpg

005-3.jpg

What about Silver Surfer #4 re-imagined by Shadow... :shrug:

Buscema's cover is so good it's hard to mess with it. lol I have thought about a re-creation of Brave & The Bold #28. Was at Hobby Lobby Thursday night and they had a metal print of the cover at 50% off. Since it was my grail I got last year, I had to buy it for $7. I don't know where to put it... which got an eye roll from my wife.