• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Simpsons 1

7 posts in this topic

things I see -

lower right cover - pin head sized white dot in the black print

lower left cover corner - that white dot = dust (not on comic) - but a tiny marring of the corner edge (nothing broken or ink breaks)

back cover- three small locations on the purple color with ink color issues

poster is attached - all interior sharp and good color.

TIA

12856242464_2c32d09be7_o.jpg

cardset103012014_00000 by w16227, on Flickr

12856242214_6079b63dfb_o.jpg

cardset103012014_00001 by w16227, on Flickr

I see no reason for this copy not to get a 9.4 IMHO! Great size scans gives you a lot of detail. Take into consideration the size of the scans = 9.4

The only thing holding this back from 9.6 would be the dirt on Homer's right eye on the front cover! smiley-gen130.gif

If that is just on the scanner then 9.6 would be fair!

I see no reason for this copy not to get a 9.4 IMHO! Great size scans gives you a lot of detail. Take into consideration the size of the scans = 9.4

The only thing holding this back from 9.6 would be the dirt on Homer's right eye on the front cover! smiley-gen130.gif

If that is just on the scanner then 9.6 would be fair!

that actually is on the scanner

yay!

to all - thanks for the input on all of my scans to all- really helps to learn exactly how many little dings effect everything - a month ago I would not even have blinked on the orr purple dots - but then back then I was only slightly aware of cgc.

Is there a recommended resolution for the scans? - I do like bigger even though they get more dings - but if the general preference is smaller - I can easily adjust.

I like the larger scans, say anywhere from 400 to 600 dpi. You can always make the images smaller but you can't make them larger without losing the detail. I usually put the smaller scans in the thread and give links to larger scans so as not to screw with the thread page sizing (if you know what I mean)!

9.6 because the dirt is on the scanner.smiley-gen130.gif