• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books I thought I no longer had. But I do.

38 posts in this topic

My collection is similar. I should give up buying, and peruse my own stuff. More surprises. Everything is in acid free boxes, according to where they were bought. There's my childhood NY boxes, the Montreal boxes, the NY boxes again, the Boston boxes, then the DC/Baltimore grad school boxes, the DC/Baltimore real-world boxes, the New Hampshire boxes, then the MA boxes. Nothing integrated, and I'm always shocked at what I find.

And, like JC, I compulsively picked up every Aparo Spectre book, every Starlin book, every bryne MTU., etc. if it had good eye appeal. Sadly, I own almost every book I've bought since 1976. At the rate I'm going, I might organize it when I retire. This is one of the reasons I've slowed down buying--what's the point if it sits in boxes unappreciated.

My collection is similar. I should give up buying, and peruse my own stuff. More surprises. Everything is in acid free boxes, according to where they were bought. There's my childhood NY boxes, the Montreal boxes, the NY boxes again, the Boston boxes, then the DC/Baltimore grad school boxes, the DC/Baltimore real-world boxes, the New Hampshire boxes, then the MA boxes. Nothing integrated, and I'm always shocked at what I find.

And, like JC, I compulsively picked up every Aparo Spectre book, every Starlin book, every bryne MTU., etc. if it had good eye appeal. Sadly, I own almost every book I've bought since 1976. At the rate I'm going, I might organize it when I retire. This is one of the reasons I've slowed down buying--what's the point if it sits in boxes unappreciated.

Dude, you seriously need to get started. Don't wait until you retire, you'll be dead before you even put a dent in it. lol You are going to have a blast re-discovering! (thumbs u

:gossip: Look for price variants in the DC/Baltimore boxes . . .

Yeah I feel the same way about most of my comics. I don't get a chance to look at them enough and I am always adding new back issues to my collection. That's why I enjoy when a new club pops up on the different ages sections....it gives me an excuse to flip thru some boxes. :cloud9: We need more clubs (Just Marvel of course). :sumo:

I'm doing a little show on Sunday. First show I'm going to be set up at in 10 years. I've been going through boxes and finding all sorts of goodies.

I have absolutely no recollection of buying this, for example:

superman056.jpeg

I'm doing a little show on Sunday. First show I'm going to be set up at in 10 years.

You werent set up at heroescon 2009?

Dude, you seriously need to get started. Don't wait until you retire, you'll be dead before you even put a dent in it. lol You are going to have a blast re-discovering! (thumbs u

:gossip: I finished my 30 cent set back in 2003, a few months after Donut. Set #2. :baiting:

:gossip: I finished my 30 cent set back in 2003, a few months after Donut. Set #2. :baiting:

:whistle:lol

But thank God I never speculated on any of that carp, as I would really feel like a maroon.

Yea. Rub it in.

As if it didn't hurt enough already. doh!

I hope I'm not rubbing it in any more, but this conversation brought up one of my more vivid memories of the 1990's stupidity.

I was in the LCS looking through the BA back issues the day that Warriors of Plasm was released, and I can remember the psycho speculators buying stacks of that issue (and wasn't there a card set too?), yelling about how much money they were gonna make reselling them, and I remember thinking "these people are pure idjits".

Like, "Warriors of Plasm" - really? :facepalm:

But thank God I never speculated on any of that carp, as I would really feel like a maroon.

Yea. Rub it in.

I hope I'm not rubbing it in any more, but this conversation brought up one of my more vivid memories of the 1990's stupidity.

I was in the LCS looking through the BA back issues the day that Warriors of Plasm was released, and I can remember the psycho speculators buying stacks of that issue (and wasn't there a card set too?), yelling about how much money there were gonna make reselling them, and I remember thinking "these people are pure idjits".

When I was helping a friend liquidate this warehouse of books (3,000 long boxes) even Chuck would not take the long boxes of Warriors of Plasm lol

Went through some boxes I had in my closet and found the following books.

Hulk 201 PV

AT #25

Thor 194-202

Avengers 100

PPSSM #1 (3 copies)

Nova #1 (3 copies)

and still digging.

Yea. Rub it in.

I was in the LCS looking through the BA back issues the day that Warriors of Plasm was released, and I can remember the psycho speculators buying stacks of that issue (and wasn't there a card set too?), yelling about how much money there were gonna make reselling them, and I remember thinking "these people are pure idjits".

When I was helping a friend liquidate this warehouse of books (3,000 long boxes) even Chuck would not take the long boxes of Warriors of Plasm lol

Hey, (not having a clue what that title was I checked MyComicShop) a Jim Shooter signed #1 could fetch you a cool $6!

Or line a bird cage.

Either one.

I'm doing a little show on Sunday. First show I'm going to be set up at in 10 years.

You werent set up at heroescon 2009?

Not by myself. Was working with Marc Nathan and Cards, Comics & Collectibles out of Baltimore.

Yea. Rub it in.

I am happy to say that I never bought even one of those. :banana:

I don't think. :facepalm:

Just found

Batman Adventures 12

Four Man of Steel 17s

Four Man of Steel 18s

10(!) Teen Titans 44s

20 Contest of Champions 1s

I should dig through back stock more often.

Just found

Batman Adventures 12

Four Man of Steel 17s

Four Man of Steel 18s

10(!) Teen Titans 44s

20 Contest of Champions 1s

I should dig through back stock more often.

Sales thread soon? :wishluck: