• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a little venting

53 posts in this topic

So got my books back from CGC and overall I'm happy but I am a little frustrated. Dropped off 4 books at AACC, 3 MFT SS and 1 MFT. To save money, return shipping would be together. Throughout the submission process, these books were holding hands, holding one another up. Invoices said "ship with..."

So, I get my books today, and the non SS is nowhere to be found. Invoice in box says "ship with....." Customer service always checked on both invoices except today, gave me one tracking # and thats it.

What happened CGC? This is the little stuff about them that gets to me though I know it shouldn't. My fault for not treating them like 5 year olds. They didn't ship them together nor did they choose to tell me about it. Now I have to call tomorrow and ask them what happened and why and listen to some B.S. excuse. They dropped the ball again, it's this little that seems to be the issue with them. Whoever Quality control is should be re-trained or something because I would place this on them (double check the invoice against the order) and there have been countless other example where books come back crooked that Quality Control didn't catch either.

Ok, I'm done with my rantrant

Yea, but I like my graded issues. They display much nicer. I dont grade 30 at time, just some keys and SS. i think i have about 12 graded books, total.I guess I'm just one of those guys who likes graded books....

Since when does CGC do "ship with"...I've wanted that for YEARS but I was always told it wasn't possible.

Did someone tell you they would ship together?

Since when does CGC do "ship with"...I've wanted that for YEARS but I was always told it wasn't possible.

Did someone tell you they would ship together?

They used to ship different tiers together but stopped years ago.

I submitted it in person and the CGC rep told me they would ship together, otherwise the non SS was done 2 days before the SS but didn't ship. When I called CGC they went so far to tell me it was waiting to ship with the others.

Well then my friends, it would appear I was misinformed. Guess I can't be mad because they did combine the shipping but it would be nice if they got their facts straight or kept their word.

Yea, but I like my graded issues. They display much nicer. I dont grade 30 at time, just some keys and SS. i think i have about 12 graded books, total.I guess I'm just one of those guys who likes graded books....

I've never seen a slab that displays better than a shiny new mylar.

Talked to them this morning. So the non SS was done first and was waiting for the other 3 SS books. It was placed in the vault, and left there. The told me they would ship it out today, (I would freaking hope so!) Asked if they could expedite the shipping because "the ball was dropped." I specifically said that as opposed to blaming someone. No, they will ship regular, no apology, no sorry for the mix up, nothing, just we will get it out today. CGC if your reading, your customer service could still use some improvement. Quality Control too.

I obviously am not that mad that I will do something crazy like try PGX, but the Vault Grading place looks enticing.......:baiting:

Agreed.

CGC definately provides poor service, I submitted 13 books with a friend just before Feb, they've been stuck at verified since Feb 4 Come on, if you're that busy hire more staff to pick up the slack

I don't know of any other business that can basically do nothing with an order for over a month and still expect repeat customers. I know it's a monopoly but aren't they afraid that some enterprising individuals will come along to unseat them.

It's what I'm hoping for, we need competition in this area otherwise it's same old same old.

Before someone tells me not to slab if i don't like the service, I only slab books I want to sell. There are only 4 slabs in my personal collection, they do look much better in mylar.

Agreed.

CGC definately provides poor service, I submitted 13 books with a friend just before Feb, they've been stuck at verified since Feb 4 Come on, if you're that busy hire more staff to pick up the slack

I don't know of any other business that can basically do nothing with an order for over a month and still expect repeat customers. I know it's a monopoly but aren't they afraid that some enterprising individuals will come along to unseat them.

It's what I'm hoping for, we need competition in this area otherwise it's same old same old.

Before someone tells me not to slab if i don't like the service, I only slab books I want to sell. There are only 4 slabs in my personal collection, they do look much better in mylar.

Which tier did you submit them under?

Modern

I know I'm just over the "current turnaround" posted on the site (estimated 20) but it's still stuck at verified, most likely won't be slabbed for a couple weeks. Ship date?

Regular modern is 20 day estimate but current turnaround is showing on the website as 30 business days.

Modern

I know I'm just over the "current turnaround" posted on the site (estimated 20) but it's still stuck at verified, most likely won't be slabbed for a couple weeks. Ship date?

Regular modern is 20 day estimate but current turnaround is showing on the website as 30 business days.

Yeah I know - estimated 20 turnaround as stated

I'm over the 30 now with most likely a couple weeks to go. Why not change the dates on the website to reflect reality?

Modern

Yeah I know - estimated 20 turnaround as stated

I'm over the 30 now with most likely a couple weeks to go. Why not change the dates on the website to reflect reality?

That's a terrific question. I think you should ask Transplant. :whistle: