• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Cap 74

20 posts in this topic

I only have a front cover image. The main defect is the tear towards the bottom of the spine. It extends to the back the same length. The back is clean otherwise.

Bought from Jim Payette on the date stamp on the image :whee:

cap74.jpg

Ok so the general consensus is a 3.0 to 3.5. Jim graded it a 1.8, and I felt it was a 2.0. I think both Jim and I are strict with grading. :)

I've never bought from him, but I was aware of his reputation for tough grading on lower grade books. 1.8 seems overly strict, but anything from 2.0 - 3.0 makes sense to me.

Sometimes I think people throw out 3.5 as a grade guess for anything that falls short of 4.0 and looks like it could be better than 2.0. :D

Ok so the general consensus is a 3.0 to 3.5. Jim graded it a 1.8, and I felt it was a 2.0. I think both Jim and I are strict with grading. :)

hard to grade a book with front only, we don't get to see the interior and a scanned book is pressed flat by the scanner. The tear may be worse than is seen here. Lots of factors. 2.0-2.5 is not out of the question.