• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade and further humiliate my Thief of Thieves #1!

16 posts in this topic

Purchased this issue already bagged and boarded from Midtown a month after it came out, and it's been carefully stored away since then. Just now discovered that a back cover corner was folded back when it was originally bagged. Thanks guys, well done! :banana::facepalm:

Grade?

totset1.jpg

totset2.jpg

Yep, good 'ol Midtown. I got a similar book from TFAW months ago. Huge fold the same size. Just goes to show that these online retailers' "QC" dept. actually does nothing. Did you see my post a few day ago on my MCS "NM" comic I just got sent??

7.5 for your book there

:sick:7.5 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

I have only ordered comics on line from TFAW and when I did get them I checked them immediately for damage etc. I did get a Jedi Dark Knight issue that was damaged, I filed a complaint on line and they replaced it within a week. Don't know if that was an anomaly but it never hurts to speak up!

Thanks guys. :foryou: I think 7.5 is my (strict) guess. The test I always give myself when grading a book like this is 'would you be happy if you bought an 8.0 and it turned out to have this defect?'. Being honest I'd have to say I wouldn't be... so 7.5 seems safer. Ah well. Onward!

I agree on a 8.0 because otherwise it’s flawless, but this kind of damage is annoying because it does not come from "reading and loving the book"… :D

It happened also to me with MyComicshop, on a recent Fantastic Four issue, but the fold was minuscule.. It was on the front cover anyway, so a bit annoying.