• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saga Of The Swamp Thing

106 posts in this topic

Well, I have been rather busy lately but I just finished volume 6. Out of the whole series I think I would have to pick volume 4 and 5 to be my favorite. Swamp Thing in Gotham was great, loved it! Very well written and kept me wanting more. The "blue" issue at the end however I did not care too much for which also brings me to volume 6.......

SPOILERS for Slym or anyone else who hasn't read them and plans to...

Overall I did not like much of volume 6, the Adam Strange issue was good and "Loose Ends" with the reunion of Swampy and Abby at the end was decent but I had to struggle to get through some of the Swamp Thing in space issues. I see "Loving The Alien" is called a classic but this issue really bored me....I felt it was filled with sooooo much un-needed dialogue.....maybe i'm not "deep" enough to appreciate that issue! lol

However, I am glad I decided to rent these at my local library and read them. I did enjoy them for the most part and it was a change of pace for me from the normal super hero comics I read. I could even see me picking these up one day for my personal TPB/HC reading library. But I think I could leave volume 6 right out.....my OCD would never let me do that though.

Now what to read next??

Well, I have been rather busy lately but I just finished volume 6. Out of the whole series I think I would have to pick volume 4 and 5 to be my favorite. Swamp Thing in Gotham was great, loved it! Very well written and kept me wanting more. The "blue" issue at the end however I did not care too much for which also brings me to volume 6.......

SPOILERS for Slym or anyone else who hasn't read them and plans to...

Overall I did not like much of volume 6, the Adam Strange issue was good and "Loose Ends" with the reunion of Swampy and Abby at the end was decent but I had to struggle to get through some of the Swamp Thing in space issues. I see "Loving The Alien" is called a classic but this issue really bored me....I felt it was filled with sooooo much un-needed dialogue.....maybe i'm not "deep" enough to appreciate that issue! lol

However, I am glad I decided to rent these at my local library and read them. I did enjoy them for the most part and it was a change of pace for me from the normal super hero comics I read. I could even see me picking these up one day for my personal TPB/HC reading library. But I think I could leave volume 6 right out.....my OCD would never let me do that though.

Now what to read next??

Sandman!

Yeah, I am only on vol. 2, so I didn't read the top post there...

:lol:

Good stuff so far. Weird, far out, deep... typical Moore as we know him, but this is the start of it all for us, so I think I will wait until I can get the next 4 volumes or so in a row.

Loved the HoS/HoM reference, and the way ST met the Demon Etrigan, The Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, and someone I know I am forgetting already... :blush:

-slym

Yeah, I am only on vol. 2, so I didn't read the top post there...

:lol:

Good stuff so far. Weird, far out, deep... typical Moore as we know him, but this is the start of it all for us, so I think I will wait until I can get the next 4 volumes or so in a row.

Loved the HoS/HoM reference, and the way ST met the Demon Etrigan, The Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, and someone I know I am forgetting already... :blush:

-slym

Yup, this was my first venture into DC reading in YEARS! Reading the Swamp Thing has actually gotten me curious about other DC titles I have missed. I have always been a MARVEL guy....my knowledge about Marvel continuity is good...except the 90's. I missed a lot, which I hear is good (that I missed it) lol

Keep reading the Swamp Thing, if you liked it so far you will most likely like the rest. After you have read volume 6 post on here what you thought about it. I was really not a fan of this volume. It was actually hard for me to get through at points my mind kept going in and out of focus on it!

I here IMAGE has a bunch of great reads lately too? I will need to check them out sooner or later. I love TWD of course, I have the first Invincible compendium which I liked, I had the first 6 CHEW volumes which I have now sold though. I liked them enough but couldn't see myself reading it again. I also tried the first volume of Theif of Thieves but sold that too.....it was mediocre to me, maybe I should have tried the next volume.

Well, enjoy Slym!!

The underwater vampires issue still creeps me out.

The sprawling gun house one, the plantation one, the zombies who want to live, the menstrual werewolf, the bug crawling down that guys throat in the car crash, the dude with his hand sewn in his back, the showdown with Batman...all so awesome and the kind of stuff that still pops into my head 30 years later.

Nukeface I never cared for much.