• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What year would you time travel to….

56 posts in this topic

…to buy a rare comic(s) brand new and bring back to get a 9.8 or higher on. What comics would they be?

So here's the rules:

1. You can only travel to one year and back. No repeat visits to other years.

2. You are allowed to spend the entire year there. So if one comic comes out in March you will be there for it and you can still be there for another one when it comes out in October. (Where you are living or stay at is besides the point!)

3. You cannot go to the future and buy a Sports Almanac. (Besides, that was in 2015 which is next year and we have the internet now so a sports almanac is useless.)

I'll start…I choose 1963. Almost every key Marvel character/book came out that year. ASM #1, FF #1, X-Men #1, Avengers #1…long list.

I'd go back to 1977, and buy the Edgar Church collection from his kids before they make the fateful call to Chuck Rozanski.

Saving the Church Collection from Chuckie's evil mandibles would be one of the most important things any collector could do for the hobby.

In the very least, we wouldn't have Mile High Comics. :acclaim:

I'd go back to 1965 and tell stan lee if he gave me all the original art I'd write a magazine article about him.

I'd go back to 1977, and buy the Edgar Church collection from his kids before they make the fateful call to Chuck Rozanski.

Saving the Church Collection from Chuckie's evil mandibles would be one of the most important things any collector could do for the hobby.

Chuckles was around before finding the Church books, wasn't he? But MH was just another 1" ad in the same space with guys saying "send a S.A.S.E. to receive our catalog, and receive 50¢ off your first order!" back then, I believe.

-slym

I hate to say this, but don't you think Mile HIgh was good for comics? I get that Chuck isn't the most respected member of the community today, but he was for a long time. Finding the Church Collection was a pretty big moment too.

The butterfly effect of stopping him might be more detrimental than you think is all.

I'd rather go to 1938 and shoot Hitler.

Why not go back to the year the art teacher that denied him to go to school and take that person out.

Hitler goes to art school and everything else never happens

Exactly he was a failed artist. If they accepted him into art school things might have been different.

Rejected-art-that-fuelled-Hitler-s-rage

I would be happy just with a Tec 27.

That's it. Just one book.

thats what im sayin'. Definitely my choice too. Why anyone would pick a different time is beyond me. Tec 27, Action 1, Marvel 1, Cap 1 etc