• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comixology & WHY I HATE IT RIGHT NOW

12 posts in this topic

So I been trying this Comixology for a few months now. Buying books on the net and reading them when I want. Got a nice small collection of old and new stories. Every things fine and dandy up until the other day. I go to log on to read some books I purchased earlier in the week. But it won't let me log on. So I try several times with a new password like they suggest and still no log on. So now I'm like pissed because I can't read anything and can't buy any books. And all the books in my library may just end up in limbo were I can't get to them. So I been contacting the customer support and they just email me the same email over and over with the same stupid suggestion about trying a new password. I'm up to here with Comixology right now. rant rant

Just blowing off some steam. Just another reason why I don't think electronic comics will be the end all of all end alls.

I wish comics were like they use to be when I was a kid. :(

i haven't had any problems today log in into comixology, i didn't even try yesterday after changing my password for the fact that they were going to have Hugh amount of user traffic trying to change their passwords all day.

I've been in password limbo-no fun. it keeps prompting you to change password, please enter password to do so....but the password doesnt work.....had the same issue with comic vine....finally gave up after tec support kept promising to fix it.....but didnt.....

I didn't have the password limbo problem that others have, and I'm sure it's very annoying. But I've got to believe that comiXology is going to fix this. There's no way they want to lose customers like you to this issue.

Keep us posted on when/if you reach a resolution!

You dont buy Digital comics.

You rent them

Just the opposite. You always have them. I guess theoretically you could resell but it would seem like more trouble than what it is worth.

Keep us posted on when/if you reach a resolution!

Finally after 3 or 4 days they fixed it. For a while there they kept sending me the same email over and over about reseting my password and that wasn't working. Then today I got an actual person. She fixed the problem. All is now good in my comic world again.

All I can suggest is if you have this same problem just keep sending them back complaints about it not letting you log on, and you will finally get someone that knows what to do. Be persistent and they'll take care of it.

I hope this doesn't happen again because it takes away from your time.

Thanks for listening.

You rent them

Not true.

I never bought a digital comic. If it is like Itunes, he's right, as you "buy" the files but the fine print tells you that you don't own them. But I have never bought a digital comic so.....

You rent them

Not true.

I never bought a digital comic. If it is like Itunes, he's right, as you "buy" the files but the fine print tells you that you don't own them. But I have never bought a digital comic so.....

Your right! Kind of like iTunes. You pay to hear them. You can download them to your iPod or make a CD. But with comics they are in your library. I guess you could print out copies if you like.

Finally after 3 or 4 days they fixed it. For a while there they kept sending me the same email over and over about reseting my password and that wasn't working. Then today I got an actual person. She fixed the problem. All is now good in my comic world again.

All I can suggest is if you have this same problem just keep sending them back complaints about it not letting you log on, and you will finally get someone that knows what to do. Be persistent and they'll take care of it.

I hope this doesn't happen again because it takes away from your time.

Thanks for listening.

Good to hear it!