• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to grade some BA X-Men for me?

53 posts in this topic

If they're BA do they really need accurate detailed grades? I usually sell lots like this just with pics and say 'mid grade' let the pics speak for themselves and describe any defects.

I need to put a price on them, and I don't go the 99¢ starting bid route like you do.

-slym

plus since grading is subjective you might fairly list one as 7.5 someone buys it and thinks its a 6.5 then you have that hassle to deal with

Not saying it never will, but it hasn't happened yet. :wishluck:

-slym

I am lazy and beginning to hate grading books. I have scans of both covers and notes for each.

:baiting:

-slym (this one ought to be fun)

PGX or Vault books?

plus since grading is subjective you might fairly list one as 7.5 someone buys it and thinks its a 6.5 then you have that hassle to deal with

Not saying it never will, but it hasn't happened yet. :wishluck:

-slym

i've found if I dont assign grades i get more. buyers look at the pics and often think theyre getting a good bargain. got way more than i expected for some BA spiderman lots i just listed midgrade BA spiderman lot etc FB was great on the sales.

if i assign grade and one comic looks not the right grade in the pics to buyer buyer dismisses entire auction.

less is more.

PGX or Vault books?

If they were already graded (and I would never use PGX or Vault) then I wouldn't need them graded again.

Yes, I knew what you meant, I just decided to kill the joke.

;)

-slym

i've found if I dont assign grades i get more.

I am curious - have you run sequential auctions, one with grade and one without, for similar books, to compare?

If not, how do you know this?

-slym

i've found if I dont assign grades i get more.

I am curious - have you run sequential auctions, one with grade and one without, for similar books, to compare?

If not, how do you know this?

-slym

I havent done a controlled scientific experiment as you described, no.

when i first started selling on ebay i always assigned grades-had many problems and sales werent that great.

the second i stopped listing grades my auctions took off and i havent looked back.

grading is subjective and just opens a can of worms.

Not SO subjective to the point of "opening a can of worms", if you are reasonable and try your best at it (by training yourself).

Luckily relativism finds often its limits, despite people trying to pursue it badly… lol

PM them slym, I'll take a look at them!smiley-gen130.gif

No, really... this was more of a joke thread. I am just procrastinating doing it... but thanks for the offer!

:)

-slym

:o

Not SO subjective to the point of "opening a can of worms", if you are reasonable and try your best at it (by training yourself).

Luckily relativism finds often its limits, despite people trying to pursue it badly… lol

this would be true if there werent unreasonable buyers

why give them a foothold?

anyway it works for me my auctions are very successful

If anybody really wants to look at these, I will be glad to let you...

:lol:

It is 17 issues between 110-131, so 34 large scans and notes for each issue.

:popcorn:

-slym

Send them to me. (thumbs u