• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do I have a legit Beef w CGC grading?

6 posts in this topic

I just don't understand sometimes.....

Notice the hole on the back cover of the second book which I would concur is a significant flaw. Even ignoring page quality, which book would you rather have? Kind of a shame on a major key IMO

fc9a.jpg

fc9lab.jpg

fc9.jpg

fc9bc.jpg

That 4.0 copy could just as easily be a 5.0, whereas the 4.5 copy would be an unlikely candidate for anything higher. At least you know it's not restored - which I figure is the main value of CGC when it comes to a book like that.

ft88:

First, I'm jealous - do you own both copies?

Second, without even scrutinizing the books in any detail, the answer to your question is NO, you have no beef with CGC. If there was a hole the size of a baseball through the entire book, I still don't think you'd have a legitimate beef with CGC... read the disclaimer on the back of the label and this will become very apparent.

I don't mean a legal beef or anything that crazy. I only think that my book was undergraded when compared to another book out there for sale. We all wish/hope/think our books should have been graded higher by CGC and in many cases its just wishful thinking but in this case it really seemed like a 5.0 not a 4.0 and when seeing this 4.5, I still think that.

The 4.5 is not mine but it is for sale on comiclink. The fact that I am looking for the same price for mine makes it that much more frustrating.

I am glad to own it though and if it never sells, no biggie. More important, I really like CGC and what they do for the hobby. I'm very forgiving if I think they missed a grade on one of my books but I think it is especially important for them to be accurate on the major keys out there and in this case they missed the boat.