• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Conventions in Omaha, Lincoln, Kansas City, Sioux City or Des Moines?

17 posts in this topic

Jens, the one here in KC is PlanetComiCon or some nonsense like that... it's a pretty crappy show. Actually, we have two in March... I know one is the weekend of the 28th, and I think the other is right in the middle of the month? I'll look into it and let you know. I don't know, I mean, I haven't been to any other cons, but I can't imagine them being much worse than these............... but hey, come on out! I'll take yer German [!@#%^&^] out for some KC barbeque! wink.gif

Planet Comic Con is pretty crappy? I though about going and setting up there last year. About how many people did it draw? Jenga.com should show up in search I'll get on my laptop where I have it bookmarked and post it later , there is also a site called comicconventions.com I'll post that too

Planet Comic Con is pretty crappy? I though about going and setting up there last year. About how many people did it draw?

I don't know how many people it drew... I suppose from a dealer's standpoint it could be quite good as it's virtually the only action in town, but speaking as a shopper/collector, it's sliiiiimmmm pickins! So, if you have nice stuff, by all means, come on out! wink.gif

Ah, and I finally have the dates for it: it's March 29th and 30th (oops, I think I said 28th earlier), 10-5 and 10-4, respectively. The website (which is rarely functional) is www.planetcomicon.com

Well MK, maybe it's about time that you take your POS vehicle and drive down there in mid-July! smile.gif

Then, you could confuse most of the dealers by asking them for mid-1980s DC books! wink.gif

Well MK, maybe it's about time that you take your POS vehicle and drive down there in mid-July!

Then, you could confuse most of the dealers by asking them for mid-1980s DC books!

It would be worth the drive just to see the looks on their sweaty, bloated faces!

It would be worth the drive just to see the looks on their sweaty, bloated faces!

Forget about them, you should see most of the attendees! It's like an in your face advertisement for the evils against eating junk food! Lots of people who look like the Comic Book Guy's bigger brother! frown.gif

Forget about them, you should see most of the attendees! It's like an in your face advertisement for the evils against eating junk food! Lots of people who look like the Comic Book Guy's bigger brother!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know, the GF keeps threatening to take me to SD for the con one of these summers as a birthday present... it could happen! I could walk around, handing out bottles of Stridex pads and Phen-Phen! Then, while all the patrons were standing around, tears dripping onto their preposterously undersized spider-man t-shirts, I could swoop in on the dealer's tables and pick up all the 80's DCs I can handle!!!

Heroes is in Charlotte, NC (approximately 1200 miles from Omaha). Think Berlin to Madrid. I don't think you'll be attending that one.

If you are in Des Moines, travel 5 hours east to Chicago for Wizard World August 8-10, or go to the big show (i've forgotten the name) in Minneapolis in the fall.