• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Ebay

34 posts in this topic

I've reported it and they've done nothing.

Would the strike affect my PayPal account or just Ebay?

non paying strike doesnt do much. plenty of bidders dont pay for item after item and nothing happens. One should be fine.

i do know you can block bidders with 2 UPI strikes in 12 months. apparently ebay thinks thats big punishment

from another forum:

how many UPI strikes to get booted off of ebay...and the answer is you can't.

I turned a guy over today for non-payment and he emailed me and asked if I could just cancel the transaction. I asked him why and he said he lost his job, his house and can't afford it now. So I looked at his feedback and he has a ton of negative positives for non-payment. So I replied to him that I noticed he's been bidding and not paying for cards going back to October so I'll just let ebay give him his strike...he replied with profanity so I called ebay to turn him in.

The lady at ebay told me she would escalate it to the proper department...and I asked her how many NPB strikes it takes before an ebayer finally gets the boot...she told me the best way to deal with non-paying bidders is to block anyone that has 2 or more NPB strikes...I did not know that one could do this, but yes you can set your account up to block all bidders who have 2 or more strikes...I asked her how many strikes can one get before getting the boot and she told me that it just depends...I asked her what it depends on and she couldn't tell me. So the answer is apparently you can't get kicked off of ebay for non-payment.

if you do a cancel transaction you cant leave FB. well you can if you do it before case ends-but ebay will remove it on request. but if you get an UPI strike you can. Go figger.

Do you want to share the link to the auction? Does this person sell a lot on Ebay?

I made a thread about it in the "Water Cooler" section already. It's a car and he doesn't deal with comics, which is why I just asked a general Ebay question. The knowledge on proper reporting can be used by everyone, so I thought it would be OK to post it in Comics General.

If you're curious:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111292055714?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

- It is NOT a true Roush Mustang. I even called Roush Performance to confirmed it.

- The miles are very suspect. 22K miles with that much wear on the seats?

I've reported it and they've done nothing.

Would the strike affect my PayPal account or just Ebay?

Just ebay. And yes, you need to phone them.

Try this number

866-540-3229

Or this link:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=2795

Thank you. I called and "pressed" my way to an auto-recording telling me I must report by clicking the "report" button.

I called back and immediately hit "0" a couple times, which gave me a human. She transferred me to the "report" people, and the lady was very helpful on the phone. We'll see what happens.

i think if ebay does nothing your plan of bidding not paying leaving FB would quash his attempts to sell

assuming you did not message him and he remembers you and reports you for seller interference.

Pay for the item. Have him ship it to you. Then file a claim with eBay saying that it is Significantly Not As Described. eBay will then tell you to return it. Make sure you get tracking on the return. When the item is returned, eBay refunds your money.

BTW, why did you bid if you knew it was a fake item?

Pay for the item. Have him ship it to you. Then file a claim with eBay saying that it is Significantly Not As Described. eBay will then tell you to return it. Make sure you get tracking on the return. When the item is returned, eBay refunds your money.

:gossip: It's a car.

What makes you think I bid?