• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC auction...

141 posts in this topic

I really like the extended format. Not as fast as heritage live so gives one time to process and not as "all out" as clink where if you really want a book you enter a super high proxy and if someone else has that idea the book can go really strong. But more often than not it doesn't go really strong, Whereas on, connect you can continue to inch the bids up and up and up, And I think that's why they get better realize prices Overall , of late

I really like the extended format. Not as fast as heritage live so gives one time to process and not as "all out" as clink where if you really want a book you enter a super high proxy and if someone else has that idea the book can go really strong. But more often than not it doesn't go really strong, Whereas on, connect you can continue to inch the bids up and up and up, And I think that's why they get better realize prices Overall , of late

It's the tortoise and the hare -and the slowpoke wins again!

Not as fast as heritage live so gives one time to process...

Absotively! I've decided not to bid live on Heritage any more because I don't trust myself to make good decisions with that kind of time pressure. I'll still put in proxy bids, but live bids? Nope.

Maybe folks thought that its a 60-70k book without the glue and figured some old glue just saved them 30-35k (shrug)

Good point. People sometimes get so caught up in thinking about label colors they forget that sometimes resto is just another defect. In this case, if the splits had remained unrepaired and the glue had simply spilled onto another part of the cover, it would be in much worse shape but would cost a lot more.

I think the Action #23 was a no brainer, nice pick up Bunky. $10K for the #13 seems a bit aggressive but I'm betting that its a perfect book for a professional restorer to get his hands on, complete the work himself and then try and sell it for $15K. Either that or use its parts for another copy.

Action 23 :o

Whoops, 7. :blush:

Looking at the prices on CC, a lot of them seem aggressive (or at least very strong) for key books.

That seems to me to be in some contrast to the prices at Clink, which seemed a little low to me (not bad prices on keys, just not as aggressive).

Is CC the new (or current) auction king?

Both have had strong prices. Anecdote alone won't tell us who is king.

$11, 250 for a 2.5 Blue. I was always under the assumption that the WW Books went for below guide (at least low grade copies) but I stand corrected by Mr Gator.....

Wow. And to think I bought and sold my 6.0 blue for under $10K a year ago. Amazing.

Can anyone also share the final price on the Action 7?