• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$20 for this Cherry Thor, can I get a grade?

22 posts in this topic

Sorry gents, I'll raise ya .5 -- the TEFC doesn't bother me at all.

Can't see lower than a 9.2, possibly a 9.4, but this issue is fairly common in HG as SS points out.

Nice score $20 - I'm all over it! thumbsup2.gif

Maybe I'm not getting close enough to my monitor, but apart from the minute overhang wear at the top of the front cover, and the lower right corner, I can't see anything wrong with that book. A beauty! To those of you who say 8.5, I'll happily buy your 8.5s at 50% of 9.2 prices! wink.gif My suggestion? 9.2; 9.0 would be harsh.

And yes, awesome cover. takeit.gif

Arex,

Can't believe you haven't finished your Thor run yet. I just rebought most of the Simonson Thor's in high grade from Mile High at $1.20 a pop. You could finish your run for under $30.

SS, you misunderstand, i needed those books to finish the 300-502 section of the run! laugh.gif. Now, between the Show I went to today and finally coming off of the hip and paying guide for the last Thors in my sig, I now have all the Thors from 300-502 and am probably close to half of the 200 (assuming Darth gets back with me on some books we are working on)

bumpit.gif

...you either bump this thread 'til someone who knows the answer provides it just so they don't have to look at the thread anymore, or you start another thread titled "list of books in MH 2 collection?" and see who responds...

(Or you do a search for MH 2 and see what comes up in the way of indices.)

I know there was one particular copy of Thor in the MH 2 warehouse find, that was found in mass quantity - several thousand or more...? I wanna say this is the issue #, but my memory's not that good...

Actually I meant the books noted in your signature line as I thought I have seen them for some time now. I need a about 5 books in the 490's and the odd book in the low 300's to complete my 285 to present (includes 1-85). I would have bought the rest of the 200's already but I'm directing my funds to some of the other Bronze Age favorites such as the Avengers and Iron man. Your just not going to find a better series that provides a reader with the same kind of wonderment that a Thor arc does. cloud9.gif

I'd give it a 9.0 and it all depends on the extent of damage resulting from the overhang along the top edge of the left corner. If the hang has cause the color to break then 8.5 if not or not much 9.0 or better.