• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 9.6 on ebay.

20 posts in this topic

Anyone know this seller. I asked for more pictures and he wrote back that he needs my email???? Hello how did he write back to me This type of book just don't pop up everyday.!! Looks resotored. Would appreciate any other thoughts for the forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2284287812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Anyone know this seller. I asked for more pictures and he wrote back that he needs my email???? Hello how did he write back to me This type of book just don't pop up everyday.!! Looks resotored. Would appreciate any other thoughts for the forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2284287812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Do you honestly believe someone would sell on eBay a book that they say is:

1) Worth a Quarter of a Million Dollars with NO RESERVE

2) Not have the book certified.

PLEASE. foreheadslap.gif

This seller has sold this book before. Either it was returned or the first sale was a fake.

The first time around, Hammer (on the CPG Boards) pointed out the flaw in the book that proved it was restored. A large portion of the bottom right corner has been re-created.

I can't recall what Hammer found, but some element of the artwork was out of proportion with another element. Note that there are closeups of every corner except the LRC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This seller has sold this book before. Either it was returned or the first sale was a fake.

The first time around, Hammer (on the CPG Boards) pointed out the flaw in the book that proved it was restored. A large portion of the bottom right corner has been re-created.

I can't recall what Hammer found, but some element of the artwork was out of proportion with another element. Note that there are closeups of every corner except the LRC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good call Zipper, I was thinking the exact same thing. The book looks to be the same as the one that Hammer found. Even the express mail envelope looks the same. 893applaud-thumb.gif

========

So, Hammer ratting out on a scammer? Oh, that's just rich. Was he just defending his 'turf' or something or upset that that particular book wasn't in his own hands? Maybe he didn't like the quality of resto... 893applaud-thumb.gif

This seller used to go by the name of comicsales24 on ebay before being NARU'ed. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=comicsales24

Her name is Kim Reganato, but she uses the name "Johnny Hertrich" in emails. She sold me an Amazing Spider-Man #6 that was advertised as a "9.6 or 9.8" that was really a F/VF with extensive interior tanning and cream pages. Getting a refund was tough, and only happened after I threatened to sue her. Whoever buys this book will regret it.

Good call Zipper, I was thinking the exact same thing. The book looks to be the same as the one that Hammer found. Even the express mail envelope looks the same. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It IS the same book, Arex. The buildings in the lower right hand corner are not right or even close to what they are supposed to look like. Notice that there is NO close up of the lower right hand corner. A lot of the time she uses a DIFFERENT AF #15 for the full front view to hide this!!

The part that kills me is that she always uses that EXPRESS MAIL box in the photos every time she tries to sell it!! You can always tell her AF #15 handywork from a mile away because "its the one with the EXPRESS MAIL box in it"

Note to SCAMMER here: if I didn't catch this one from remembering your username I would AS SOON AS I SAW THE EXPRESS MAIL BOX in the pic!! lol

I wonder if she still has the book ( that is if she had it to beging with) since all her pictures are on USPS mailers? I mean she seems to be using the same old pictures over and over. Or maybe the mailer is to help edit the pictures to make it look better? Either way I wouldn't buy a comic off of Ebay for $14,000+. If you got that kind of money to drop on a comic, you should be able to aford a plane ticket to go see it live.

You asked the wrong question...

The good method:

HI , When I win this book I'd like to come pick it up.

But before can you please answer me:

1) Do you look like her:

643995-IMG_1685.jpg

2) or do you look like her:

fugly.jpg

If answer is 2) Can you please tell me the # to a nice hotel near you...

tongue.gif

I emailed her this:

HI , When I win this book I'd like to come pick it up. Could you tell me the # to a nice hotel near you? Is this ok?

Lets see if she replies.

Here is their reply:

hello your very confident,i hope you win,but im not meeting anybody from ebay.paypal is the only payment,this protects us both,i also give refunds for grade and restoration.you would not be unhappy.good luck eric

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

2284287812 AMAZING FANTASY 15 NM+ 9.6 ORIGINAL Nov-19-04

Thank you,

enaughty23

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

You asked the wrong question...

The good method:

HI , When I win this book I'd like to come pick it up.

But before can you please answer me:

1) Do you look like her:

643995-IMG_1685.jpg

2) or do you look like her:

fugly.jpg

If answer is 2) Can you please tell me the # to a nice hotel near you...

tongue.gif

ROFL!!!! Nice use of the "Dog Pound" to illustrate a point, Ozzy! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This seller used to go by the name of comicsales24 on ebay before being NARU'ed. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=comicsales24

Her name is Kim Reganato, but she uses the name "Johnny Hertrich" in emails. She sold me an Amazing Spider-Man #6 that was advertised as a "9.6 or 9.8" that was really a F/VF with extensive interior tanning and cream pages. Getting a refund was tough, and only happened after I threatened to sue her. Whoever buys this book will regret it.

As anyone contacted the buyer to let them know that?! sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif great post.

Book only sold for $30000

so the BIG question in my mind is who sells a quarter million dollar book for thirty thousand???

Answer; NO ONE. would really like to follow this through and see if the buyer turns out to be happy......... confused.gif

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the buyer. Both he/she and the repeat underbidder up to $28K have e-bay histories of buying silver, bronze and modern books for under 50 bucks. I would be absolutely shocked if this auction were completed on the up-and-up.