• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Action Comics #20

11 posts in this topic

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea how to grade this book. So, I agree with all the above,.... and below. lol

It is a shame about the ring holes cause that's a nice looking book. I love the Action pre '45 covers the best.

Didn't Heritage recently auction the OA to this cover? hm

If you look into the link below and review category 6 there is a brief discussion on the hole punched books along with examples. Usually original artists, inkers or authors and sometimes publishers kept file copies in binders and hence the three (sometimes 2) hole punches. These books make for interesting history if you can research the background (ie who was the original owner of the book and what was his/her involvement, if any with this book or the publisher?

An In-Depth Comparison of Green Label and Blue Label Grading

Qualified 3.5 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

That's what I'm thinking, the spine split keeping the otherwise grade below 4.0. Something like hole punches are best explained in qualified grade, rather than "universal" grade.