• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can this be a 9.6 with this bad of a corner?

54 posts in this topic

I think the rest of the book looks just fine to me, but the corner REALLY sticks out. Really hard for me to ignore. Kind of like trying to kiss Scarlet Johansson, except she's got a pus-filled zit right on her nose that seems to grow as her face gets closer to mine.

That's some of the most disproportionate artwork I've ever seen. :D

Gulacy's style has always been .....interesting.

It's like he was going for a Steranko effect on that cover but didn't quite get there.

I think the rest of the book looks just fine to me, but the corner REALLY sticks out. Really hard for me to ignore. Kind of like trying to kiss Scarlet Johansson, except she's got a pus-filled zit right on her nose that seems to grow as her face gets closer to mine.

That wouldn't stop me.

That's some of the most disproportionate artwork I've ever seen. :D

Gulacy's style has always been .....interesting.

It's like he was going for a Steranko effect on that cover but didn't quite get there.

I was just looking at some of his other covers. Some are excellent, some...not so much.

People have got to stop whacking their comic books around in the holder is what it looks like to me.

Never seen SCS result is color loss like that before....

Plus...if you you look at the back cover scan, you can see that that corner has not been impacted.

People have got to stop whacking their comic books around in the holder is what it looks like to me.

Plus...if you you look at the back cover scan, you can see that that corner has not been impacted.

You are right sir...the top bump maybe on the ulc,but I'll be a platypuss if I'm an expert...

You are right sir...the top bump maybe on the ulc,but I'll be a platypuss if I'm an expert...

But it is leaning a little off center in that direction,just saying...

I have seen the same thing before

I think it is consistent with CGC's standards

Same book published 10 years later, maybe it's a 9.4

Either that or the scan doesn't accurately represent the book. Many scanners have a hard time making the book look 100% accurate in my experience and blacks are often the worst.