• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective Comics #112

10 posts in this topic

A couple major flaws on this otherwise very nice presenting copy:

Front Cover - Long tear, about half the width of the book - Starts at the trim on the wall on the right edge of the book and runs to about the far right edge of the cash register.

Splash page - 1 1/2" tear from bottom edge up around the middle of the page - this is the only page with tears in the book

Back Cover - That horrible staining - Doesn't look so much like water damage (although there is some of that) as it does ink from the book running through it. Bleeds through on that bottom corner portion of the book, and goes about halfway through the pages.

dc112f.jpg

dc112b.jpg

When I was looking at the top of this book before scrolling down and then reading your description I was like "WOW" and while I still think that, taking into consideration a tear that big, some staining on the FC top corner, water damage AND the staining on the back of the book, I think this one is in the 3.0 range.

TOUGH book to grade though and I am curious what others might say about it as it really presents significantly better than that. At a glance in a mylar it looks about 3 or 4 grades higher.

When I was looking at the top of this book before scrolling down and then reading your description I was like "WOW" and while I still think that, taking into consideration a tear that big, some staining on the FC top corner, water damage AND the staining on the back of the book, I think this one is in the 3.0 range.

TOUGH book to grade though and I am curious what others might say about it as it really presents significantly better than that. At a glance in a mylar it looks about 3 or 4 grades higher.

+1

I also think since it looks so good in a mylar that it makes sense to get it graded and let it present itself as good as it does. I am also curious how extensive the notes would be on the CGC label with this one!!

The tear is less noticeable than one would expect, and the book does present pretty nicely with little else wrong with the front cover, but given the size of the tear and water and staining damage that bleeds into the book, there is no way I'd consider this a 4.0, and would be very unhappy if I bought it as such.

I'd say 2.5, but might push to 3.0

The tear is less noticeable than one would expect, and the book does present pretty nicely with little else wrong with the front cover, but given the size of the tear and water and staining damage that bleeds into the book, there is no way I'd consider this a 4.0, and would be very unhappy if I bought it as such.

You'd only be unhappy buying it as such if you paid too much for it :cool:

You'd only be unhappy buying it as such if you paid too much for it :cool:

Very true. I suppose I should have said 4.0 FMV.

2.0 for me. the tear and back staining/damage are just real deal breakers IMHO