• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Superboy 68 - 1st Bizarro - Mexican Novaro - 1959

13 posts in this topic

i almost gave it a 6 but the URC and ULC damage and back cvr wrinkling plus writing on cover held me back.

foreigns eds not that much sought after so dont know if its worth pressing but that would definitely improve it.

Thank you all. :foryou:

Does the store stamp on the front cover has any effect on the grade?

5.5 could likely bump up with a press.

Fantastic book, I love it!

Is Bizarro Superboy speaking bizarro Spanish?

He sure is lol

i almost gave it a 6 but the URC and ULC damage and back cvr wrinkling plus writing on cover held me back.

foreigns eds not that much sought after so dont know if its worth pressing but that would definitely improve it.

That is the issue number. Most Novaros didn´t have the issue number printed on the cover so the distributor would write the number on the cover or back cover.

Good thing in this case is that it seems was written in pencil on a white background. There is a growing interest in foreign editions these days. Major keys will never reach the same interest or prices that the US editions get, but I´ve seen lately a tendency and a sharp increase in prices, some almost getting 4 digit USD... Which sucks since it´s getting increasingly expensive buying these books!

The reason I will probably have this graded is that I ever only saw 3 copies of this book for sale in the past few years and this is by far the best looking copy.

Awesome find Nuno!!!!!

its an excellent candidate for CGC and maybe a press will notch a better grade

I just found a Brazilian 1st Darkseid I am pretty excited to have it

i assume with the the translations that in Brazil the name "Lois" was changed to "Miriam" lol(shrug)