• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New USPS Amazing Spider-Man priority boxes

86 posts in this topic

You're welcome to everyone who said thanks for the tip. (thumbs u

Glad everyone thought they were as cool as I did.

Can't wait to see some books showing up at my door in these.

(worship) thanks for sharing with us. Very cool looking and I have also placed my order.

Can't wait to see someone take one of these boxes to get signed by Stan Lee

Will CGC verify and grade it onsite? If so, I may be interested in my first ever SS slab.

I would say no, but CGC does verify sigs done on comic backing boards, so I wouldn't see why not. I'd call cgc before attempting anything like that, and it would have to be cut down to fit in a holder.

Can't wait to see someone take one of these boxes to get signed by Stan Lee

Will CGC verify and grade it onsite? If so, I may be interested in my first ever SS slab.

I would say no, but CGC does verify sigs done on comic backing boards, so I wouldn't see why not. I'd call cgc before attempting anything like that, and it would have to be cut down to fit in a holder.

But then won't it get a PLOD for being trimmed?

(worship) thanks for sharing with us. Very cool looking and I have also placed my order.

+1. I wonder if people will be less or more inclined to do bad things when these boxes are used for shipping hm

I only ship flat rate. Its worth every penny to stay out of the post office.

+1

Anyone know how often you can order supplies from usps? hm

Pretty sure it's daily. I did that for a while when the Padded FR envelopes first came out.

I wish the USPS had Spidey on the Padded FRE and the Regional rate A boxes. I would order a lot more. As it is, one 25 pack of each will last me quite a bit. I hope small sellers don't go nuts and waste the USPS's money by ordering tons of boxes that will sit around for years and eventually just be destroyed because the USPS changes the designs every year. They say you can still use the older material when they make changes, but there is probably a time limit of a year or so.

:bump:The U.S. Postal Service and Sony Pictures are collaborating on a marketing campaign to promote Priority Mail and a movie called "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" due out in theaters nationwide on May 2, 2014.

USPS Chief Marketing and Sales Officer Nagisa Manabe said, "Our Priority Mail products share many qualities with a Super Hero of Spider-Man's caliber, namely those of speed, agility and reliability. Like Spider-Man, our priority has always been the people we serve. We pride ourselves on our commitment to public service and delivering for our customers, and we are excited about enlisting Spider-Man to help promote our Priority Mail offerings."

The marketing campaign begins this week and continues through the end of May.

The USPS said a centerpiece of the campaign is a television commercial that features Spider-Man circumventing all obstacles in delivering a Priority Mail package to a special showing for fans of movie. The new USPS Spider-Man TV spot is available for viewing on the Postal Service YouTube channel.

The wide-ranging promotion also includes trucks featuring Spider-Man images in major urban centers, in-movie integrated logo placement, limited-edition Spider-Man Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping Boxes, online and digital banners, Spider-Man postage from self-service kiosks, and retail signs.

The USPS is also making available Spider-Man decorated Priority Mail boxes that can be ordered on a special marketing landing page.

+1. I wonder if people will be less or more inclined to do bad things when these boxes are used for shipping hm

A valid point. To a thief the box may scream "hey, valuable comics inside". Wonder if the rate of missing packages will rise.

A valid point. To a thief the box may scream "hey, valuable comics inside". Wonder if the rate of missing packages will rise.

Well, this was enough to make me doubt ordering these.

That was the first thing that popped into my head.