• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No love for Miller's Daredevil

12 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or have the prices been stagnant on the entire run. I have been picking these up dirt cheap lately. Daredevil keys 158, 168 and 181 are so cheap that it's mind boggling considering the importance of these 3 issues. Guess Elektra is in need of a makeover big time.

Is it just me, or have the prices been stagnant on the entire run. I have been picking these up dirt cheap lately. Daredevil keys 158, 168 and 181 are so cheap that it's mind boggling considering the importance of these 3 issues. Guess Elektra is in need of a makeover big time.

What do you consider cheap? That's a relative term. Maybe the prices got too inflated.

I've been looking to complete my 9.8 run of these for a LONG time; I need just a handful of books but never see them come up for sale..

Particularly #163, 164, & 165...

So... not sure what you're talking about.. :)

I Need 163, 165, 168 and 171 in CGC 9.8 and I never see them at a reasonable price.

Yup; going by the number of times I've seen the early part of this run offered, I'd say its one of the most collected and HELD series of books in all of comicdom...

Well, Miller's run is known for its gritty crime noir style storytelling. Not unlike Moore's re-imagining of Swamp thing, Frank Miller in his own way did his own re-visioning of the character. And the introduction of Elektra added to his story, not the other way around. Though that adds a lot in the way of 'credibilty' or literary recognition for the comic medium as a whole, it will rarely translate to $$$.

The average fan boy will always favour the first appearance of deadpool over strong storytelling. Not that's anything wrong with that. its just the way it is.

I think part of the reason is Miller himself. He's not exactly "marketable" like Quesada or Stan Lee. He is beyond a shadow of a doubt a great writer but he is very outspoken and not always in a corporate mindspeak way either (go read 1984). I'm not saying he's the whole reason you aren't seeing an increase in the value of these books but he's part of the reason you aren't seeing the media bump books like TOS 52 and ST 138 are getting because of the Avengers. It doesn't help that the movie didn't perform anything like what it should have way back when and now people are skittish to take another try at a reboot. If a reboot ever happens watch these books skyrocket because they are by far the best writing of the series.

I think it's because they spelled her name incorrectly on that first issue. I can overlook things like that so feel free to PM me with any spare 168s of which you are looking to rid yourself.

:baiting:

I think it's because they spelled her name incorrectly on that first issue. I can overlook things like that so feel free to PM me with any spare 168s of which you are looking to rid yourself.

:baiting:

Kind of like DD 131, where Bullseye calls Daredevil "Hornead". How did he know Matt Murdock was horny?

14457-2190-16163-1-daredevil.jpg