• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 237 9.4

13 posts in this topic

BOC:

I'm surprised that you think that book is common. I've always thought of 237 as a somewhat difficult book in high grade. When I was putting my Adams run together, it was tougher to find that book in high grade as opposed to 232, 234, or even Detective 400... it was by far the hardest. Although there are more surfacing for auction, I haven't seen that many... but now that you mention you believe it's common, I'm wondering if you've seen a bunch of them.

I saw several high grade copies of Batman 237 at the Dallas con last week.

By far the most common Batman I saw from that era, at least at that show.

I only saw two copies of 232 (Both slabbed), and one Tec 400 (Raw).

I bought the Tec. cloud9.gif

All copies of Bats 237 were way overpriced.

The cheapest one I saw was $250.

The highest one was $450.

All of the 237's were raw books.

I looked at them all, but couldn't make myself pay that much for one. 893naughty-thumb.gif

BOC:

I'm surprised that you think that book is common. I've always thought of 237 as a somewhat difficult book in high grade. When I was putting my Adams run together, it was tougher to find that book in high grade as opposed to 232, 234, or even Detective 400... it was by far the hardest. Although there are more surfacing for auction, I haven't seen that many... but now that you mention you believe it's common, I'm wondering if you've seen a bunch of them.

I've seen a bunch of them on dealer sites & at cons. Metro & Superworld seem to always have multiples in hi-grades. When I bought my copy last year I didn't any problem getting a 9.2 (sold to me as 9.4). I've seen a lot of slabs come up on Ebay & I think these high prices will only bring more out of the woodwork. I haven't looked at the census for the 237 but I can see the numbers swelling in the coming year. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeah, if I was into the book heavy, I'd be worried about the same thing -- but even Superworld has only had one or two copies raw recently (I bought one, now I've subsequently sold it after obtaining a slabbed one super cheap) but you're right, Metro always seems to have a lot of em... I don't know, DiceX said he saw quite a few in Texas. Not that it matters, I just love that book.

To me, that's a $250 book tops.

Hope everyone else agrees. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Metro sold a copy for double that price! foreheadslap.gif

It's a common book, it should be $250 or less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2275243106&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

So, if I get it for $299.99, I'll be happy. Regardless of how common, or uncommon a book it is, I want a 9.4+ copy and I'll be happy to pay that price.