• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #38--When does the major respect come??

32 posts in this topic

Here's the census breakdown...

86 slabbed copies of Detective #38

71 slabbed copies of Sensation #1

112 slabbed copies of Wonder Woman #1

110 slabbed copies of All-Star #8

Interesting....none of those are particularly "rare" by GA standards.

-J.

Perhaps. But one of the problems with some of the "rare" GA books is that they don't have a lot of demand - and don't command a high price - so a lot of copies don't appear because people are not motivated to get these books slabbed and on the market.

-J.

Perhaps. But one of the problems with some of the "rare" GA books is that they don't have a lot of demand - and don't command a high price - so a lot of copies don't appear because people are not motivated to get these books slabbed and on the market.

So are you saying Dr., that if 'Suspense Comics #3' became as demanded(awareness, astronomical price increase)more copies would suddenly surface?

-J.

This is certainly true. However I was referring to some of the other big blue chip, high demand GA books like a Tec 33 or 31. Both of those only have 69 slabbed copies and there are some who don't even consider those "rare" when compared to an action 10 or 13 or even a flash comics 1 for example.

-J.

I just saw that a 3.0 Blue has a Sale Pending of $11,000. That would be a $3k difference from the last time one was sold in Sept 2013. This 3.0 presents extremely well. Can't tell when it sold and don't know when they report to GPA. Anyone know ?>

that was a while ago just not sure when, as i was following that book, i love this book and like the fact that many people don't like it, it will definitely come back, hopefully i can get a copy before it does!

Yeah, the "sale pending" thing on CLink is weird. There are books that I won ages ago that are still listed that way. Takes them a while, I guess, to finally update the site.

I love this book too. I think it has the chance to come back extremely strong I understand the Robin haters but modern (1980's -today)incarnations of Robin add to the Dark Knight IMO. I just read today that there are some Grayson books coming out very soon.

I was never a fan of Robin. 1st off he just has an annoying personality. Little happy boys in dark stories don't mix. I am however a fan of Nightwing. They revamped his character and gave him a new name. IMO they should just do away with the Robin character all together. Batman is popular for its darkness.