• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon, April 10-12, 2015

207 posts in this topic

so apparently since Stan Lee will be there, correct me if im wrong. but he charges for his signature?? so judging by the MegaCon page its $75 bucks a signature from him???

I've got SL's auto two times (once at Motor City and once at Megacon). Glad I did the first, could have done without the second. What it boils down to is price and the item you want signed. If you want a book signed and graded, you're going to pay through the teeth ($100-$125 total). If you have a really unique (or rare) book or item (or something that is sentimental to you), then go for it because at that point price is not a factor. But on any kind of relatively common comic book (even most Silver Age books), it's less hassle (and sometimes cheaper) to buy it already signed and graded.

Unique/rare

FMQMstkl.jpg

hsfjgHxl.jpg

o14Ewill.jpgfIhv6Gcl.jpg

NOT unique/rare

FF 48-50 (plenty SSs of these on eBay)

so apparently since Stan Lee will be there, correct me if im wrong. but he charges for his signature?? so judging by the MegaCon page its $75 bucks a signature from him???

I've got SL's auto two times (once at Motor City and once at Megacon). Glad I did the first, could have done without the second. What it boils down to is price and the item you want signed. If you want a book signed and graded, you're going to pay through the teeth ($100-$125 total). If you have a really unique (or rare) book or item (or something that is sentimental to you), then go for it because at that point price is not a factor. But on any kind of relatively common comic book (even most Silver Age books), it's less hassle (and sometimes cheaper) to buy it already signed and graded.

You have some rare stuff there brotha !!! as you can see based on my sig majority of my graded comics are copper and modern. the ones i plan on grading are moderns and one copper

i was considering getting a

1. Spider-gwen # 1 Phantom variant signed by Stan lee and graded

2. Spider-man 2099 # 1 Leonardi variant graded and possibly signed by SL

3. Deathstroke #1 new series Sorrentino variant graded and signed by george perez and Marv Wolfman.

4 . a Harley quinn not sure which get it graded and signed by Amanda conner and Jimmy palmiotti

5. my first print i got brand new years ago when they first came out the batman:mad love comic.

i figured those will run me a pretty penny getting these graded, im not sure if these other artists charge for signatures. I'm still trying to calculate how much this is going to run me.

these will all stay in my collection. i don't plan on reselling any of them.

Not sure if MARV WOLFMAN will make it to the convention.

On his Facebook, he posted that he slipped and broke his hip while walking his dog. Whether or not he'll attend this convention remains to be seen.

On a lighter note, George Perez posted on his page that his vision is alot better after the surgeries he's received. He may have to wear thicker glasses but it's better than not seeing at all.

Not sure if MARV WOLFMAN will make it to the convention.

On his Facebook, he posted that he slipped and broke his hip while walking his dog. Whether or not he'll attend this convention remains to be seen.

On a lighter note, George Perez posted on his page that his vision is alot better after the surgeries he's received. He may have to wear thicker glasses but it's better than not seeing at all.

It's a shame all these guys are getting up in age nowadays... well we'll see who ends up attending i guess as we get closer to the date.

Hopefully the con is better organized and planned out than last year. Definitely looking forward to seeing some of the creators and guests they have lined up. Just not sure which book to get signed Amazing #33, 39, or 122...

decisions, decisions

Hopefully the con is better organized and planned out than last year. Definitely looking forward to seeing some of the creators and guests they have lined up. Just not sure which book to get signed Amazing #33, 39, or 122...

decisions, decisions

i wish i had some older DC and Marvel to bring to get signed and graded. most of mine are Copper age and i have a good amount of Moderns since i got back into the comic collecting hobby last year.

my thoughts of getting a few titles have changed now that i hear a few of the artists might not make it, and also im starting to double think which titles to bring.

decisions, decisions

i wish i had some older DC and Marvel to bring to get signed and graded. most of mine are Copper age and i have a good amount of Moderns since i got back into the comic collecting hobby last year.

my thoughts of getting a few titles have changed now that i hear a few of the artists might not make it, and also im starting to double think which titles to bring.

I'm prety particular about what I get signed If I get a Stan Lee sig I won't get it on a book he didn't write. Personally I don't like having Lee sigs on modern books. That's just me though. So right now I'm going back n forth with getting his sig on either Amazing Spidey #33 or 39.

Last Mega Con was probably my worst con going experience ever. After 15 years of going to cons all over.

decisions, decisions

I'm prety particular about what I get signed If I get a Stan Lee sig I won't get it on a book he didn't write. Personally I don't like having Lee sigs on modern books. That's just me though. So right now I'm going back n forth with getting his sig on either Amazing Spidey #33 or 39.

Last Mega Con was probably my worst con going experience ever. After 15 years of going to cons all over.

I hear you dude, now that i thought of it. i might have 2 silver bronze age Amazing Spidey titles... the reason im gonna have him sign something i own, i believe it's a rarity that he comes to Florida, and anything in the long run will be valueable item to own. No offense to anyone but the guy is up there in age. no telling how much longer he has.

I was talking with a friend of mine from work about the whole stan lee signature thing. he told me " get whatever you can get signed by him, because When he goes, they will be worth something." coming from a long time comic collector.

decisions, decisions

I hear you dude, now that i thought of it. i might have 2 silver bronze age Amazing Spidey titles... the reason im gonna have him sign something i own, i believe it's a rarity that he comes to Florida, and anything in the long run will be valueable item to own. No offense to anyone but the guy is up there in age. no telling how much longer he has.

I was talking with a friend of mine from work about the whole stan lee signature thing. he told me " get whatever you can get signed by him, because When he goes, they will be worth something." coming from a long time comic collector.

He's been to Mega Con for the last 3 years in a row. But I see your point he's 92, so who knows how long his health will allow him to go to cons. I plan on getting 2-3 things signed by him this year.

decisions, decisions

He's been to Mega Con for the last 3 years in a row. But I see your point he's 92, so who knows how long his health will allow him to go to cons. I plan on getting 2-3 things signed by him this year.

i wasn't aware he's been coming over here to the sunshine state for the last 3 years for signings.... i also today emailed a question asking, how much will they be charging. i have yet to get a reponse. from what the megacon site is saying. $75 bucks for an autograph, and $80 bucks for pictures??? how many comics does that $75 bucks promise? 1 or more?

decisions, decisions

i wasn't aware he's been coming over here to the sunshine state for the last 3 years for signings.... i also today emailed a question asking, how much will they be charging. i have yet to get a reponse. from what the megacon site is saying. $75 bucks for an autograph, and $80 bucks for pictures??? how many comics does that $75 bucks promise? 1 or more?

$75 per signature

decisions, decisions

$75 per signature

$75 for one comic??? OUCH hmmm now i definetly need to think which ones and how many i want him signing..... i've heard of people bringing more then 1 comic and he ends up signing a few for a single price.

Hi!

Stan's autograph price will be $75 for this show and the other shows he will be attending in the spring.

We plan to be setup at the end of his line to help with SS submissions.

All you do is lineup and buy tickets in line.

He is there Saturday and Sunday.

We can help for SS requests for other creators as well.

Best,

Sean

I think it's a pretty weak comic guest list compared to last year to be honest. Hope they had some more people.

who else did they have last year? Depending on how this goes in April, that will be my deciding factor if i decide to go again next year. it does help i also have 2 more days on my 3 day disney park pass as well :headbang:

What really caught my attention was the whole on site grading even thought its not what i thought it was going to be, and the fact Stan Lee and a few other well known comic legends and current ones will be there.

i was considering doing the san diego comic con in july but doing this orlando trip for this is just a fraction of what it would cost me to go to california.