• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you do at Comic Conventions?

79 posts in this topic

So the comic events simply lists them but I wanted to know how you all spend your time? Cosplay, Artist Alley, buying books, selling books, panels, debates, trolling, All of the above?

Usually my wife and I will get dressed up for at least one day. We're going as Bane and Poison Ivy to Phoenix Comic Con, feel free to say hello!

Also attend a few panels here and there and the rest of the time we just wander around aimlessly.

On non Cosplay days is when I try to do my purchasing, submitting to CGC, signatures and sketches.

How about you?

i visit every booth that sells gold/silver comics. usually looking for 1 or 2 hard to find books. i then spend the rest of the day checking out the rest of convention..mind you i only hit the NYCC. 1 convention a year is enough..although one day id like to see San Diego..

I loiter and tire kick for the most part. Chat with boardies. Buy a book or two. I'll walk thru Artists Alley, but I hate waiting in lines so I don't usually get to interact with any creators. I sat in on a panel once.

I head straight to Artist Alley. Everything else I can buy on the internet and usually cheaper than at the convention.