• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May Auction

827 posts in this topic

If you are buying raw books from dealers, you are likely already paying the price they would ask if it was pressed and graded. It is pretty clear that the majority of the industry already takes pressing into account when they assign a grade.

There are exceptions, but not many.

Although it does make you wonder when you see relatively high-dollar books still being sold raw by, for instance, Metro. Doesn't it make the wheels start turning as you consider why the book is being sold raw? hm

If you are buying raw books from dealers, you are likely already paying the price they would ask if it was pressed and graded. It is pretty clear that the majority of the industry already takes pressing into account when they assign a grade.

Although it does make you wonder when you see relatively high-dollar books still being sold raw by, for instance, Metro. Doesn't it make the wheels start turning as you consider why the book is being sold raw? hm

Some people, myself included, do prefer raw books. I wouldn't buy a really big book raw(unless buying from someone I really trust, which includes the majority of boardies), but for what I collect-generally thousand dollar books or less- it's okay. I like to flip through my comics and enjoy the interior art, smell the paper, etc.

Some people, myself included, do prefer raw books. I wouldn't buy a really big book raw(unless buying from someone I really trust, which includes the majority of boardies), but for what I collect-generally thousand dollar books or less- it's okay. I like to flip through my comics and enjoy the interior art, smell the paper, etc.

+1. Vintage paper is delicious smelling! And the interior art isn't bad, either.

Switching gears, any thoughts/guesses on what the Wolverine original art from Hulk 180 goes for?

I am clueless (shrug)

Definitely will be interesting to watch. I am going to guess over $100k, but less than $110k.

Agreed with you on your first point but not on the latter. :baiting::grin: I say that page goes for $150k+. I think its a great buy and hold piece.

Switching gears, any thoughts/guesses on what the Wolverine original art from Hulk 180 goes for?

I am clueless (shrug)

Definitely will be interesting to watch. I am going to guess over $100k, but less than $110k.

Give yourself a little more room! :) The bid increments being what they are at that level, if I am doing the math right and excluding the effect of cut bids, there are only two outcomes (85k before BP and 90k before BP) which could result in an auction result in that range. 10k is a small range when the bid increments are 5k up to 100k (before BP) and 10k over that level.

I am clueless (shrug)

Give yourself a little more room! :) The bid increments being what they are at that level, if I am doing the math right and excluding the effect of cut bids, there are only two outcomes (85k before BP and 90k before BP) which could result in an auction result in that range. 10k is a small range when the bid increments are 5k up to 100k (before BP) and 10k over that level.

For once I think you guys are low! I'll bet it hits $200K. (Well, I won't literally bet, but you know what I mean.)

Is he a GA character?

There's been plenty of discussion about the piece in the Original Art forum.

Is he a GA character?

Party pooper. :slapfight:

I was interested in what my fellow GA collectors - whose opinion I value most of all - thought about sale price. GA friendship over GA rules, I always say. (thumbs u

I am guessing it will break the current original comic art record. It will top the chart. Without a doubt!

Is he a GA character?

I was interested in what my fellow GA collectors - whose opinion I value most of all - thought about sale price. GA friendship over GA rules, I always say. (thumbs u

Their opinion is... BA sucks! lol

Is he a GA character?

I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 150K to 250K hammer...or about the same or a little less than the Action 15 cover.

Is he a GA character?

I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 150K to 250K hammer...or about the same or a little less than the Action 15 cover.

You forgot to finish your sentence with "that I am looking at right now while smoking a cigar and taking sip of brandy from my snifter." :shy:

Is he a GA character?

You forgot to finish your sentence with "that I am looking at right now while smoking a cigar and taking sip of brandy from my snifter." :shy:

(tsk) He might take a sip of whiskey now and then, but he's no snifter.

Is he a GA character?

I wish I could say that. Two more months of payments :cry: