• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another kid. this time on Craigslist

56 posts in this topic

An update: At 2:16 a.m. the post was deleted. Perhaps he found a buyer or perhaps he's grounded for trying to sell his father's prized possessions!

I messaged craigslist that a minor was selling valuable comics-that when you called the number a kid answered.

Thanks Kav! I only did a quick search but couldn't find a way to contact them. Hopefully, this thread prevented something bad from happening.

An update: At 2:16 a.m. the post was deleted. Perhaps he found a buyer or perhaps he's grounded for trying to sell his father's prized possessions!

I messaged craigslist that a minor was selling valuable comics-that when you called the number a kid answered.

Good job! I only did a quick search but couldn't find a way to contact them. Hopefully, this thread prevented something bad from happening.

if you go to the bottom of page-help-then -general help-contact us then describe scam paste link. works like a charm. i like to expose the hookers in the 'women seeking men' area when i'm bored. CL removes stuff pretty dang fast. i think they're nervous of lawsuits etc from the murders etc.

I clicked on link.. Its back

Two years ago, I got taken by a teen (not sure how old, but I thought he was somewhere around 16 years of age). This kid had obviously scammed quite a few people along the way and fine-tuned his scheming. He used his grandparents names, and even had either his girlfriend or sister help him. The kids parents were known deadbeats, living with relatives, and scamming people in the Ottawa area going back a decade ago. I guess their kids learned a few tricks from their parents.

By the time I figured everything out, I think I was in more shock that the parents hadn't lost custody of their kids, especially because the police from the area knew there was a history with this family. When I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere in terms of getting a criminal charge against them, and my only shot being to pursue them civilly with significant legal costs, I just about resigned seeking restitution.

Then at a show I did about a year later, I ran into a person from Windsor who had also been scammed by this same person, and it reignited my desire to get this guy. I stumbled on a few websites which seemed to be operating under a legitimate business name, which I was able to link back to the scamming twerps sister. That discovery eventually led to a few tears shed, lots of pleading for forgiveness, and me getting all my money back.

Good job! I only did a quick search but couldn't find a way to contact them. Hopefully, this thread prevented something bad from happening.

if you go to the bottom of page-help-then -general help-contact us then describe scam paste link. works like a charm. i like to expose the hookers in the 'women seeking men' area when i'm bored. CL removes stuff pretty dang fast. i think they're nervous of lawsuits etc from the murders etc.

That is a very interesting use of your free time there Kav.

I clicked on link.. Its back

Yep. He got posted again. Unbelievable!

And his disposable income I imagine.....

it costs nothing to report hookers

yvpMRlv.gif

yvpMRlv.gif

no i got it-i was joking back.....obviously i didnt think you believed i actually spent money on hookers.

I had a kid (17) try to rip me off on a Nintendo 64 bundle. Looked like a good deal on the photos, didn't know it was a youngster until I met up with him. The system was absolute junk missing a few games listed.

and he thought he could get away with it in person?

I had a kid (17) try to rip me off on a Nintendo 64 bundle. Looked like a good deal on the photos, didn't know it was a youngster until I met up with him. The system was absolute junk missing a few games listed.

and he thought he could get away with it in person?

kids overestimate their sneakiness. i've seen it time and again. plus they're not to good at thinking ahead.

some 19 year old tried to sell me a motorcyle with top speed of 8 mph saying the 'tires were low' and it could go full speed if i filled 'em.

I saw an ad for a 58" TV for $200. In the pic it was mounted on a wall above some floor speakers, which were also for sale but I wasn't interested in those. I decided to contact him. We corresponded through email so I had no clue how old the person was. He directed me to an apartment complex and said he'd be in the parking lot with the TV. I drive a smart car so I had to borrow an SUV. When I showed up there was two kids that looked about 14 with a TV that was obviously not a 58". I told him there's no way it's a 58" and he said "Oh, that was a typo, I meant 48". I said I had a 50" already and there's no way this is a 48" either, maybe 38". I said I'd give him $100. He accepted. I got home and it was a 32" :facepalm: Those floor speakers in the picture must have been miniature because the scale looked fine in the ad. I was bummed I didn't get a big screen, but I'm using the 32" as a computer monitor now and it's working out for $100.

I saw an ad for a 58" TV for $200. In the pic it was mounted on a wall above some floor speakers, which were also for sale but I wasn't interested in those. I decided to contact him. We corresponded through email so I had no clue how old the person was. He directed me to an apartment complex and said he'd be in the parking lot with the TV. I drive a smart car so I had to borrow an SUV. When I showed up there was two kids that looked about 14 with a TV that was obviously not a 58". I told him there's no way it's a 58" and he said "Oh, that was a typo, I meant 48". I said I had a 50" already and there's no way this is a 48" either, maybe 38". I said I'd give him $100. He accepted. I got home and it was a 32" :facepalm: Those floor speakers in the picture must have been miniature because the scale looked fine in the ad. I was bummed I didn't get a big screen, but I'm using the 32" as a computer monitor now and it's working out for $100.

If a kid about age 14 is selling electronics on Craigslist, you're (edit: very likely) buying stolen property.