• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TMNT #1 2nd Print and Turtlemania white copy

6 posts in this topic

Recently picked these up. This is my first time asking the forum, so here goes. I'm not sure if it's proper etiquette, but I would ask for grades both pre- and post- pressing. There are some defects in both books, that pressing would help/fix and I plan to have them both pressed. It works wonders on the right books

Thanks Y'all

-----

TMNT #1 second print, I think pressing would really help the top left corner crease(looking at the cover) and maybe the bottom left corner. There are maybe 3 or 4 1/16" color breaking spine ticks total on front and back and a few non-color breaking as well. I would say off-white pages. Book is pretty nice IMO.

Front

13394364135_6d984c7564_h.jpg

Back

13394723214_4c2507559a_h.jpg

-----

Turtlemania White edition, the bottom staple is mis-aligned(causing the botom part of the cover and pages to pull a lil when the pages are turned), there is a ~1/16" spot on the top of the back cover and there are a few spine creases(hard to see, check near the staples). Given the paper, I think a press would greatly help with the spine creases. Not sure though given the ashcan size and some of the creases being very close to the staples. I would say white pages. Sorry for the overly bright pics here, I haven't really tried to adjust the settingt yet...

Front

13394986374_fd5a7cfa96_h.jpg

Back

13394987074_cc3fedacbe_h.jpg

Here's a close up of the front ULHC. It's mostly non-color breaking; I think the press will definitely help the cause.

13402164225_7891a7daf4_o.jpg

The paper for the cover of Turtlemania is that matte, unfinished paper very similar to blank covers. Essentially there is no "color-breaking" and I presume most creasing can be pressed out. My concern is how much of a P I T A pressing near the staples will be.

The front BLHC does have a 1/16" spine split(see circle). Think that might knock it down a bit. I also circled the worst crease.

13402164355_059dc388a5_o.jpg

Thx for the incite so far